X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The World Cup Draw - Dec 4th, 5:45pm GMT

So, they've announced the seedings for the draw:

The pots are therefore:

Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England

Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Mexico, Honduras

Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay

Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

The draw itself is set up so that a seed won't play someone from the same confederation, with the exception that each group can have two UEFA teams in it.

Worst possible draw for England? I reckon USA, Ivory Coast and Portugal. Best possible is probably New Zealand, Algeria and Switzerland.

Pot 3&4 have a good chance to give us teams we'd struggle against. If we get Ivory Coast and France/portugal I don't think we'd get to the knockout stages.

However that's a pretty slim chance (1/64-ish). Pretty likely we'll get at least one decent team to play against though.

Comment

Who cares.

Comment

I'd love Brazil, France, South Korea and Ivory Coast to come out in a group.

You just know that England are going to end up in a group with Portugal.

Comment

It's the taking part that counts.

Comment

I wont be suporting any team in the World Cup, but there is something special about watching England play in the World Cup in the pub, with a bunch of mates.

I just love the atmosphere.

Comment

The whole country kinda comes to a stand still, and new fans come out of the woodwork, when England play in the World Cup. And when England get knocked out, its all doom and gloom with a scapegoat to boot haha.

Comment

Always prefer these things when England aren't in them, so hopefully they'll go out in the group stage.

USA/Ivory Coast/France please.

Comment

As long as the players get back to their clubs without injury I don't care to be honest. I used to love watching England but now it's awful, as it's so over hyped it's unbelievable. And yes, woodwork fans drive me nuts.

We are no where near winning any competition with the bunch of half wits we have now, apart from a special select few players the rest are average at best. Never world class to win a World Cup.

Comment

I think England have a decent chance, as apart from Spain, there arent many teams that are really clicking. England, Ivory Coast, USA and Australia will have good tournaments I reckon.

And I dont even support England!!! Think I'll be cheering on Japan and the two Koreas.

Comment

Talking about Japan, they're a lot worse of late. I've watched most of their games over here and they really lack any real quality. Don't be surprised if they get a pasting.

Comment

Japan seem to have the most useless coach since well, ever! Poor tactics and no self belief mean group stage exit.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          Japan seem to have the most useless coach since well, ever! Poor tactics and no self belief mean group stage exit.
                          Harsh considering the lack of quality players coming through. Though I'd agree he's a tad useless.

Comment

And the first team we pull out is USA. Bugger.

Comment

Yeah, was hoping to avoid them. Watch us get Portugal as well

Comment

Working...
                              X