The Official Rest of the Premier League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Rest of the Premier League Thread

I thought it would be nice if supporters of the not so popular top flight clubs had somewhere to post too.

My team Birmingham are on a fantastic run at the moment. Five straight wins and unbeaten in 8 games. Aiming for champions league now . Seriously though, i think we have laid down a good foundation for surviving relegation. Well happy.

I see Mcleish is doing a decent job so far. Yous just need to get the magic 40 points to ensure safety.

Care to share the true extent of your feelings about Villa?

Comment

Villa are doing very well too. With the "big four" dropping points left, right and centre they will be serously thinking champions league. Of course i hope they bottle it again

Comment

Hmph, Sunderland occasionally show what they are capable of and snatch points off the big boys, then frustrate the hell out of everyone by drawing or getting beaten by 'lesser' teams.

That's all cock-eyed. You're meant to get humped off the Big Boys and get points against like-for-like teams, or the bottom 5. You're not supposed to give a tantalising glimpse of what might be by beating Liverpool and Arsenal, then drop dozens of points against the rest.

Bruce is a good manager but he's made some basic errors. You don't send off a ready-made premiership quality player on loan to another Prem team, then moan like a bitch when one of your defensive midfielders is injured and the other suspended.

This season is slipping away into a 15th place finish due to injuries, a lack of squad depth, and a lack of motivation for games that don't involve Champions League teams.

Comment

I really don't know what to make of Bolton this season.

On the one hand I've seen some really shocking performances, 4-0 and 5-1 defeats spring to mind but then again the last two games have been fantastic.

Megson... Hate the guy. Not really sure he knows what he's doing. He's signed some great players since arriving - Gretar Steinsson, Gary Cahill, Lee Chung-Yong and Matty Taylor but then he's got in total dross like Elmander and Robinson.

On a brighter note though, Lee Chung-yong and Gary Cahill have really impressed this season, Lee especially. The way he's adapted to the English game is great. He's already got 3 goals and numerous assists and anyone that saw him play City or West Ham must have liked what they saw.

Still slightly worrying that our top scorer with 5 is Cahill though.

I predict bottom five for us this season, though it's touch and go as to whether we'll stay up.

Comment

A very good point for Burnley tonight against Arsenal. Gave away a very sloppy early goal and for about 10 min after that it looked as if Arsenal could have added a couple more, but we held in there and equalised when Grezza scored his 100th career goal and continued his mighty impressive conversion ratio from the penalty spot - that was his 70th scored out of 75 penalties.

After that we were the better team and by the end had hit the bar, hit the post, had another penalty turned down and what looked like a perfectly good goal ruled out for off-side. Still, very happy tonight and hopefully that will give us confidence to pick up our first away victory at Wolves this Sunday.

Comment

It's nice to see Burnley doing ok, especially as your manager is one of our old boys.

Comment

Yeah Coyle is very highly thought of in Burnley and will no doubt end up at a much bigger club. Burnley v Bolton should be a good game on Boxing Day.

Hope that Bolton stay up if we do, is great to have so many local teams in the Prem - with the exception of Blackburn of course!

Comment

Hughes will be out of a job and will be picking up his p45 tomorrow morning, even if City beat Sunderland. That's according to the reports this morning.

Interesting...

Comment

Is it only 1 in 10 City have won? Make that 2 in 11 today.

Sunderland 5 points in the last 8 games.

Have lost each of their last four league games, scoring just once in the process.

PissFlaps.

Comment

Yep City have only won 1 in ten in the league. Hughes and Bruce, a couple of Man United old boys, will face each other today. I can't imagine there being room for sentiment haha.

Regardless of the result, Sunderland fans will undoubtedly chant "you're getting sacked in the morning"

Comment

2-0 already. Bruce, this team is superb
                        Last edited by prinnysquad; 19-12-2009, 15:20. Reason: edited in light of current developments, lol

Comment

2-1 now

Comment

Yep. The only way a humping can be avoided is if our defence is slightly less crap than theirs, and our forwards can stay in touching distance of their Hurricanes-style attackers.

Sounds like another great piece of play by Reid. He should be in a better team. Last week the commentator said he was the most technically gifted player on the pitch vs Villa, he really should be playing in a top 10 side.

Comment

Who's the most likely replacement for Hughes. Given that by now the Liverpool owners must be shopping for someone too, could be expensive getting the right kind of manager.

*edit*

2-2 at 24 minutes!

Comment

Working...
                              X