Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Japanese Gamecube gems out there?

Hi,

Not really sure if this chould be in import or not (technically i'm not asking Import questions ).. I'm off to Japan tommorow and am writing up my shopping list so i dont forget anything

I have the DC list sorted, but wondered if there are any Japanese GC games that are worth getting, especially shooters. I only got my own GC a week or so ago, so i'm not quite up to speed on it's games yet. My list contains SCII, Ikaruga and maybe P.N.O3 so far.

Thanks!

Rockman Battle Transmission (or whatever its called) looks great. Apparently it's lovingly cel-shaded, and also it plays just like the MegaMen of old. The MegaMan fans certainly love it to pieces.

I want it

--Ed

Comment

Kinnikukuu Man (or something like that) is supposed to be good, and will probabl be Jap-only.

Comment

Nope. Muscle Men is confirmed for a US release.

Mr Driller Drill Land is well worth a look.

Comment

Its perhaps worth picking up some of the earlier titles, as they can be bought for peanuts (monkey ball, waverace, luigi could all be probably found for ~?10), especially if you dont have the US version. Even if you do, you can get them in an ultra cute japanese box ^_^

Sonic mega collection jap has several games not found in the US version, so that might be worth a look if you like that sort of thing.

Kyojin no Doshin was only released on Jap and Pal, its not the greatest of games, but its worth buying if you can get it cheap enough.

Comment

One Piece Treasure Battle

camps

Comment

Thanks, this is going to be an expensive holiday

Is there anything groovy out in Japan for the GC in the next 2 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby
                Thanks, this is going to be an expensive holiday

Is there anything groovy out in Japan for the GC in the next 2 weeks?
                Got this from gamefaqs.com

3/28 Shaman King: Soul Fight

4/10 Dokapon

4/11 Naruto

4/24 Ohenro-San: Hosshin no Dojo
                Ohenro-San: Hosshin no Dojo (3-Piece Set)
                Ohenro-San: Hosshin no Dojo (Deluxe Set)
                Ohenro-San: Hosshin no Dojo (w/ Controller)
                Ohenro-San: Hosshin no Dojo (w/ Pedometer)

Dont know anything about the first three games on the list, but ohenro-san is the walking(!) simulator game i think.

Comment

Comes with memory card 59

Henning

Comment

Everything I`d recommend has already been mentioned in this thread, but just to give extra weight to these games-

Best games to get-

Driller Land
                    Kinnikuman (good game- lots of fun, and excellent multiplayer)
                    Virtua Striker 3 (if you like your arcadey football games- brilliant multiplayer game as well).

Comment

Kinnikuman is good fun if you can get around the language barrier for match types.

If I was you i'd look into Rockman and Drill Land too.

Comment

Unless drunk multiplayer games are a regular part of your life id stay away from Virtua Striker 3. Its the only GC game i regret getting

Comment

Working...
                        X