January 2010 Transfer Window Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 2010 Transfer Window Thread

Vieira looks set to be reunited with former Inter boss Roberto Mancini at Man City. A deal is expected to be completed on Friday.

And elsewhere, Aresnal are in the market for a striker apparently.

Get ready for the Sunderland/Spuz merry go round! I wonder who we'll swap/both be vying for this time?

Comment

Odds that Forest buy yet another striker?

Comment

Im crossing my fingers, hoping for Beckford to leave. We don't need that lazy player anymore, best make a nice packet on him while we can!

Comment

Man Utd are skint so I expect we're getting nobody.

Comment

Chelsea are now officially no longer in debt as the value of the club is sufficient for the debt to all be converted into shares. I'd imagine we'll be given a bit of money to spend as I believe we'll miss 1, possibly 2 transfer windows on appeal.

Aguero seems to be the most likely signing at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              Get ready for the Sunderland/Spuz merry go round! I wonder who we'll swap/both be vying for this time?
              I reckon we'll buy back Darren Bent so he can be this January's Robbie Keane. While possibly selling you Robbie Keane. EXCLUSIVE!!!!

Comment

Just Keane in this direction, please You can have lazy Kenwyne.

Comment

I thought we'd moved on from Sunderland and were doing all our swapsies with Portsmouth now, but with the state they're in at the moment (and the fact that we've half inched all their best players) we may have to rekindle things with your lot

In all seriousness I hope Spurs have a quiet January. The only signing I think we really need is cover for Palacios (but we could just bring O'Hara back from loan for that) possibly a central defender too. I'd sell Bentley and Pav if we got good offers but bank the money until the summer.

Comment

O'Hara is deffo on his way back we've been told by the leaguue we can't keep him. Nightmare, he's been excellent.

Comment

De Jong > Viera.

I don't get it, but I trust Mancio

Comment

Originally posted by CrispyXUK View Post
                        De Jong > Viera.

I don't get it, but I trust Mancio
                        I expect he wants him in there for his winning mentality as much as the playing side of things. I wouldn't have minded seeing him turn up at Spurs, I think he would have been a big help to us on the "not bottling 2-0 leads near the end of matches" side of things

Comment

Pompey are still under transfer embargo, despite claiming several times that they'd pay up in time to have it lifted, it hasn't happened yet.

And the league ruling that that applies to loans as well is pretty harsh, it all but guarentees Pompey for the drop now.

Comment

Today's gossip.......

Defender Sol Campbell is set for a shock return to Arsenal, but only if manager Arsene Wenger sells Philippe Senderos in the January transfer window.
                            Full story: Daily Mirror

Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola is delaying signing a new contract with the club until they can guarantee the signing of Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
                            Full story: Daily Star

However, Spanish rivals Real Madrid are preparing to derail Barcelona's attempt to sign Fabregas. President Florentino Perez and director general Jorge Valdano have held talks about a ?43m bid.
                            Full story: The Sun

Manchester City are on the verge of signing Argentine defender Cristian Ansaldi for ?4m from Rubin Kazan.
                            Full story: The Times

Liverpool have entered the race to sign Marouane Chamakh with the offer of a pre-contract agreement for the Bordeaux striker, who can leave the French club for nothing at the end of the season.
                            Full story: The Guardian

Wolves have made a ?3m offer for Hull winger Stephen Hunt.

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is willing to make Kenwyne Jones the club's highest earner if he can lure him from Sunderland, but is unwilling to pay the ?11m the Black Cats want for the striker.

Former Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnsen, who is now at Monaco, is closing in on a ?2m move to Blackburn.

But Gudjohnsen is also wanted by West Ham and Tottenham.

Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan has blocked Austrian defender Emanuel Pogatetz's proposed ?1.5m move to Greek club Panathinaikos.
                            Full story: Daily Mail

Hull boss Phil Brown is chasing Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood, who is currently on loan at Championship side Newcastle.

Liverpool are expected to conclude a ?1.5m deal for Atletico Madrid winger Maxi Rodriguez in the next 24 hours.

And Reds boss Rafael Benitez also wants to sign Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici for ?2m.

Winger John Utaka is set to start an exodus at cash-strapped Portsmouth by joining French side Sochaux.

Defender Younes Kaboul is also expected to leave Portsmouth, with Sunderland keen on the former Spurs player.

Stoke City are considering a ?1m move for ex-Wigan striker Amr Zaki, while Marseille enquire about Bolton striker Johan Elmander's availability.

West Ham want to sign striker James Beattie on loan but Stoke say they will only consider a permanent transfer.

Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City are sending scouts to Crystal Palace's home game on Saturday as the race hots up for striker Victor Moses.

Aberdeen want to scupper Hibernian's attempt to sign Falkirk defender Darren Barr.
                            Full story: Daily Record

Comment

Kaboul. Scumbag. Haven't forgiven him for what he said last time.

Comment

Working...
                              X