Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beckham snaps his achillies out of World Cup!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beckham snaps his achillies out of World Cup!?!?!?

Today is a sad day for everyone if like me you appreciate Beckham`s dead ball delivery and what he could offer England at a World Cup. Yesterday Beckham snapped his achilles tendon during his AC Milan match with Chievo, after trying to kick the ball. Before this horrific incident nearly scoring in the 84th minute. I`m so sad for him and believe this could hurt our World Cup chances. Lennon now Beckham... Forgot to add Ash Cole n Hargreaves.

More info

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

The former England captain David Beckham seriously injured an Achilles tendon while playing for Milan, ruling him out of this summer's World Cup squad

Recovery

Our expert physios, doctors, researchers and sports scientists deliver all you need to help clients avoid & recover from injuries as quickly as possible
    Last edited by JU!; 15-03-2010, 10:24.

Originally posted by bbc website
    Consultant sports physician Dr Tom Crisp told BBC Radio 5 live: "It's remotely possible he may be running in three months. The chances of him being fit to play for England are non-existent."
    gutted to hear this news. Beckham would have been a great player to have in the world cup squad and think he fully deserved to become the 1st england player to play in 4 world cups. Real shame for him and for england.

Comment

Not likely to affect our chances though. Squad player at best. We have a few players that can play where he does but better.

Comment

I think he does add to our chances of success as if you put him on later in a game when there is some space his passing and crossing can really kill other teams. he is quite a loss.

It seems fairly final that he is out sparing us the months of daily updates on the front pages.

We picking up the inevitable injuries now, expect Rooney to tweak or injure something far closer to the tournament promopting the usual panic.

Comment

Not just for his passing, he is also someone who seems to inspire others on the pitch and there is a lift when he comes on due to his passion for the game.
          Its a shame.

Comment

I watched the game on ESPN, it was such a freak injury, he was just running along by himself and suddenly he stopped. Had no idea when I went to bed that he'd been injured so badly so it was very surprising to see it splashed all over the news today.

Definitely an great extra option to have on the bench, but our right side is looking thin now with Beckham and probably Lennon missing out.

Comment

Achillies Tendon injuries tend to be like that, they're almost always from over exertion. Beckham isn't getting any younger and he's had no real rest period for a couple of years.

Feel a bit sorry for him, playing for England is incredibly important to him, even sitting on the bench. He hasn't got the fitness to be a first team starter but his crosses are still unmatched.

Comment

Bad news in my opinion. Always a good option to have on the bench for the last 20 when you need some quality deliveries put into the box.

Comment

I feel sorry for the chap because he blatantly loves playing for the national team, not a feeling i get from other players. However, i don't think he is good enough to warrant a place in the squad. Milner, SWP and Lennon (if fit) should all be picked in front of him.

Comment

A big loss to the World Cup being worldwide famous. His passing and crossing is still top quality unlike a lot of the England team who couldn't pass water.

Comment

I'm gutted to be honest.

I was peeved when Owen got crocked, though I knew realistically he wouldn't get in, but imo this is a big blow.

The closer it gets this whole world cup malarky is starting to stress me out!

Comment

I'm sad for him as much as anything, bet he'd gutted .

Comment

As others have said, sure he was a squad player now, but I am pretty sad he's not going to be there. Crossing and free kicks, just the threat of them, would be enough to raise the game and the team's spirits. Would YOU be more cautious about conceding a foul 25 yards out from goal with Becks on the pitch? Oh hell yeah...
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Sky Sports News just said that the surgeon in Finland where Beckham is having treatment says he's not even going to be able to run for 5 months, let alone train.

Real shame, he's not the player he was but you can't argue with the benefits of having him in the dressing room and on the bench as an impact sub. We do have a lot of decent right side players, but they're all pretty young. Not a lot of experience there.

Comment

I am a massive fan of Beckham, no-one could ever question his loyalty, attitude or desire. I think our right wing is weak as none of the other players mentioned are consistent performers for their club sides. I reckon that on current form Milner would be first choice for Capello.

Comment

Working...
                              X