Burnout 2 (Any Format)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnout 2 (Any Format)

Ok, I'm without Xbox so cannot compare performance on Live unfortunately, but I do own a copy of the game on PS2. As far as I know, regardless of format the game is fundamentally the same (except for any graphical tweaks - feel free to correct me).

So, post what you've done. Fastest times, biggest chains, damage, combos etc... Leave out totals cos there is no point.

Will different running speeds make a difference in this, i.e. 50hz vs. 60hz?

I'm running at 60hz on PS2:

Biggest Burnout Chain - 18 on 88 Interchange
    Biggest Crash Damage - $851,370 on Interstate Loop
    Biggest Combo - 19,554,105 on Airport Terminal 3 (R)

Airport Terminal 3 (R) - 35.099 seconds

get involved, even if you're on Live.

On the xbox version I got $227 million dollars worth of damage on the 3rd crash course (Is it "On Ramp Onslaught"? ) last night.

That was a pretty impressive smash.

Comment

Nice one Squirtle, those Luton roads giving you hassle then? I don't think I've ever seen worse driving than around the Galaxy.

That's an incredible score thou, very impressed. Can't say I've really looked at the crash mode too much yet, will have to investigate. $851 is a bit crap really.

Comment

just trying out the drivers ed car and just did a 1:07.150 lap

and 3.30.866 perfect race in it , does that compare to anyones?

Comment

which track Oracle?

Comment

the loop one

Comment

grrr, is it me or when ur in second place the traffic really increases, was first all race then i crash twice get stuck in second and lose because of 2 tankers in a row

grrrrrrrr

Comment

The game has a nasty way of beating you when you're down. I find that when I'm 'on it', I'm definatelt 'on it' and I can race any track, beat any car, and maybe have no crashes. But on a bad day, things turn from just unlucky indicents, to bad driving, to just silly mistakes.

Comment

The reason that seems to happen is because if you are in 1st place and you turn a corner into another part of the track the traffic is activated for that part of the track. If you are in 1st then you only see the first few cars and obviously this will make it easier to miss them. If you are in 2nd place the cars that the car in 1st went past are already coming towards you along with more cars that are generated depending on where the person in 1st is. This is why it seems that there are more cars when you are 2nd. Don't know if this makes sense but that is how I have found it from playing it. My best times are:

This is the Gamecube American version:

Big Surft Shores
                  Lap time - 1:38.116
                  Burnout total - 35

Sunrise valley spring (R)
                  Lap time: 1:06.966
                  Burnout total - 19

Big Surf Shores (R)
                  Lap time - 1:38.333
                  Burnout total - 33

Airport terminal 3 (R)
                  Lap time - 0:33.949
                  Burnout total - 18

Interstate Loop
                  Lap time - 1:02.733

Comment

that could make sense, seems to. looks like you've got some good times there
                    I'll have to check my records and see if I can beat any of your times.

Comment

Some nice times there Cubeshak .

My big claim to fame is being 7th in the world on Crash Course 15 - Ballistic Beach with over $65 million (on a very hard course I might add).

Pure skill of course .

Comment

OMG, BRATS IS L33T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 WOW WOW WOW, OMG, L33T, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

That's pretty impressive Brats. I'm pretty shocking at crash, got all the medals comfortably, but crashing just ain't my thing. Racing is where it's at!

Same with SSX, can race better than anyone I've ever played, but on tricks I fall apart. I play for style ya see?

Comment

Hi,I've currently got 77 out of the 79 medals but don't know where I'm missing two from. I've got all gold medals on crash and I think I've got all golds on championship but I can't find a way of checking, do you unlock anything good when you get all the golds?

Comment

which version are you playing probeater?

Comment

I'm playing the xbox version.

Comment

Working...
                              X