Summer 2010 Transfer Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer 2010 Transfer Thread

Barcelona have signed David Villa for £34m. And they aren't stopping as they look to step up their chase for Fabregas. Bad news for Arsenal fans.

Ben Foster has joined Birmingham for £6m.

Damn, I wanted Villa for Chelsea. There's still Aguero to go after though, he's been fairly impressive when I've watched him. With better players around him he could be lethal.

Deco is in talks to go to Brazil. Probably won't get much for him (but we didn't pay all that much for him anyway).

All the papers are reporting that Mourinho will go after Chelsea players when he goes to Madrid.

Man U have said they're only after 1 big signing at most.

Comment

Still not convinced there's anything in the Fabregas story at all.

Comment

Fabregas is the worst kept transfer secret of the season. I don?t blame him if he goes. He?s given Arsenal good service and possibly stayed out of loyalty for 2 seasons longer than he should have. But they haven?t moved in two years so you can?t blame him for wanting some success.

Comment

Would expect Barca to look to get shot of Yaya Toure and bring in Mascherano too.

Comment

Talk Sport were reporting that Ballack and Joe Cole won't be getting new contracts.

Looks most likely that Cole will go to Spurs (which won't make him popular among Chelsea fans)

Comment

BBC have confirmed that it seems (I hope he goes to United personally, although surely that will piss off Chelsea fans more? ).

EDIT: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/8729993.stm

We've signed Thomas Hitzlsperger, who I like from what I can remember of him. Quite happy with that signing I have to say.

Comment

I'm not sure he'd go to Man U, he wants first team football and I'm not sure he'd get it there.

Comment

The main stumbling block with him coming to Spurs would be his wage demands. He'd have to drop down quite a bit because he won't get anything like the amount he was getting at Chelsea or what Man Utd would offer.

Our wage bill was only the tenth highest in the Premier League according to the most recent finances in football report (based on season 08/09). Levy keeps a tight reign on the wages and I'm not sure he'd break the bank for Joe Cole.

Comment

If Fergie does prize Modric away from Spurs then that does leave a Joe Cole sized hole I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                      The main stumbling block with him coming to Spurs would be his wage demands. He'd have to drop down quite a bit because he won't get anything like the amount he was getting at Chelsea or what Man Utd would offer.

Our wage bill was only the tenth highest in the Premier League according to the most recent finances in football report (based on season 08/09). Levy keeps a tight reign on the wages and I'm not sure he'd break the bank for Joe Cole.
                      but you justify higher wages as he's a ?10m player you are getting for free.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                        but you justify higher wages as he's a ?10m player you are getting for free.
                        True, but you've gotta be careful then that he isn't getting too much more than the other highest earners. Rather than looking at it logically the other top earners will probably think "Well if he's getting paid XXX I should be too!"

Comment

Can't see Mod getting prized away what with the new contract and all. It's usually at least a year after a new contract they leave

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
                            True, but you've gotta be careful then that he isn't getting too much more than the other highest earners. Rather than looking at it logically the other top earners will probably think "Well if he's getting paid XXX I should be too!"
                            Hasn't Keane got a clause in his contract stating his salary will be matched with the top earner's? I think our wage structure is great and don't think it should be broken.

On Modric, the BBC gossip column said yesterday we'd been given a choice of 3 Man U players. I'll take Rooney, Giggs and Valencia for Modric thanks! I'm sure it meant one of three and three rubbish squad players at that.

Comment

I love this guys writing, posted a couple of links to him before but his stuff just offers a level of info & insight you don't get anywhere else.

latest is on the finances of Real Madrid & their summer transfer funds, and its quite surprising in places

There are many questions regarding Jose Mourinho ’s arrival at Real Madrid, but one thing that is certain is that the “special one” will be ...

Comment

Working...
                              X