The football kits thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The football kits thread

We seem to have a worst kits thread, but not a general thread for discussing strips/training gear whether good or bad (Unless I fail at searching?).

West Ham will have two new strips this year (New manufacturer!), the first of which I think is being unveiled on Thursday. Pre-season is underway so we have a look at the new training kit if nothing else at the moment:

(There are far too many perennially injured players in that shot for my liking! )

I am currently sat in my hotel in Vegas enjoying an iced latte whilst wearing my, very lovely, Japan 2010 home shirt. Nice colour, comfy and keeps you cool.

Getting lots of weird looks though. Either it's ba to wear sports shirts in public or the Americans don't have a clue wear Japan is!

My fave Japan shirt was the one with the flea on the sleeves - 1998 was it?

Comment

Lucky sod Teddy. Where did you get your Japan shirt?

Comment

They know Japan. They're currently planning on invading you I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          The Adidas Store in Los Angeles. Tried to get one out in Tokyo but sizing meant that was a no-go.

$70 was alright and I've wanted one for ages. Wish I'd bought an away shirt too as it wasn't my money but didn't think about it at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            I got mine from Kitbag. Seems they're selling the shirt for ?33.74 now too!

Comment

Me like. Looking forward to the home kit being shown.

Comment

The missus told me that Middlesbrough are not having a season long shirt sponsor and instead are doing a monthly deal where a different sponsor will be on the shirt each month.

Comment

That's interesting. Surely that means the amount of income is going to fluctuate (i.e. Team high up the league = Coke sponsorship, team at the bottom = Shandy Bass) - I would have thought that a fixed amount to allow you to budget for would make the most sense.

Comment

Presumably they've got the sponsors all lined up already?

Also, even if not, their league position wouldn't affect it, it'd depend on whether they happened to have fixtures against ManU, Arsenal and Liverpool that month.

Comment

Wouldn't that have required them to get promoted first?

Comment

Yes, you're right, and I'm an idiot

Um, games against bigger championship sides.

Picture me facepalming

Comment

Talking of sponsors, Spurs have announced a new two year deal today with Autonomy Corporation. It's a deal for Premier League matches only, we're looking for a different sponsor for cup competitions and European matches.

Not too bad, although they have a predominately blue and grey logo yet they have to go and sneak in that one dot of red!

The new kit is being officially launched on the 16th of July too.

Comment

Perhaps that's the way things are going then. Can't fault the clubs for trying to get as much as they can for their sponsorship deals.

Comment

Spurs Home Kit - Like it but would be better with all navy shorts

Spurs Away Kit and Third Kit - not really my cup of tea

Comment

Working...
                              X