The NTSC-UK Fantasy Football League 2010/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NTSC-UK Fantasy Football League 2010/11

It's that time of year, so get yourself over to the website and get your teams registered now! It's free to play! Who said the football would be over when the World Cup finished?

Official Fantasy Premier League 2023/24. Free to play fantasy football game, set up your fantasy football team at the Official Premier League site.

If you don't know your football, the system will even select a random team for you if you let it. I'd actually recommend that for now, you can make unlimited changes to your team before the season kicks off and I'm sure there's lots of transfer action still to come. Manchester City are looking to replace at least 35 members of their squad over the next few weeks.

Returning players can use the same log-in details they used last year and I've renewed the NTSC-UK league so if you played last year, you should be able to be automatically re-entered this year. Post team names here though so we know who's who!

New players are of course welcome too, and if you PM me I'll give you the league code so you can join in with us.

Some good advice:

Originally posted by thebuddahman View Post
    I strongly suggest you take some time to read the rules if you are not familiar with them as there are bits and pieces you need to know if you are looking to compete with people who've played before (deadlines, scoring, formations etc etc). Also, pick your first team wisely - it can be hell if you pick a bad team and have to sub the duds out in the first gameweek!
    If anyone needs any help getting started or with the basics, post here or PM me and I or others will be happy to help you out. Don't let a lack of knowledge of football put you off, it's as much a numbers/statistics game as a football one, and the website is excellent for letting you see a player's form, how well they've been doing, etc, without having to watch Match of the Day!

Now, go, get those teams created, and remember, picking Fernando Torres is a terrible idea. He may be popular but his only input into the World Cup was to fall over in one match and then injure himself in another. I wouldn't bother with any of the England squad either, presumably they're all readying their retirements as we speak, shamed out of the Premier League.

RULE CHANGES: Rules look largely the same as last season, but you can now save up transfers, which I believe is new. You get one free transfer a week and if you don't use it, you can make two free transfers the following week. You'll only be able to make a maximum of two a week though, unless you use the wildcard.

There's an extra "wildcard" which lets you make unlimited transfers during a week. This is specifically for weeks 23-27 when snow could screw everything up like it did last year! Encompasses the transfer window, too.

Comment

Blimety, that time of year already!

Sign me up chief. I'm ready for another middle of the road season!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
        RULE CHANGES: Rules look largely the same as last season, but you can now save up transfers, which I believe is new. You get one free transfer a week and if you don't use it, you can make two free transfers the following week.
        That one was snuck in last season as well, but the rest is new.

Comment

Already off creating my team. Was good fun last year and will be trying to improve on my fourth place finish (I think)

Comment

Is it possible to have the code for this so I can join..?

Comment

I'm game if you are!

I'm also crap, so i should make you all look good

Comment

Just a week to go now, anyone else playing?

Time to start seriously thinking about your teams, making sure Lampard is your captain, that kind of thing!

Comment

I have entered again, I am looking forward to my usual mid-table placing come the end of the season.

Comment

I'll have another go. Every league needs a whipping boy. I'm FC Football Club.

Comment

Here we go again.....Another crappy season beckons

Mayhem
                      btw..
                      Last edited by NemesiS; 14-08-2010, 11:00.

Comment

Can't be any worse than last season.

A Bit Better > Probably no good

Need to pay more attention to injuries this time.

Comment

Got to defend my crown haven't I!

Arsene's Angels II

Comment

I'm Real McGee. My first time doing this so go easy

Comment

Just a bump. If you haven't made a team there's still time so get on it!
                              Also, can a mod sticky this thread and unstick last years? Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X