Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FREE: MAME Arcade Machine (Leeds) Collection Only - ON HOLD

(Picture shortly)

Ah, it breaks my heart to do this, but the cabinet must go as I am making room for a candy cab shortly.

The cabinet features a fully wired up to the PC; 2 player, 3 button per player, panel and a PC with MAME all set up. Installed is a fairly large old school CRT monitor that looks rather crisp, also a pretty decent 2.0 sound system with a subwoofer in the bottom compartment. The coin slot was replaced with a coin button for easy play too. Space for a marquee too, everything is there for a good old school British MAME cabinet.

Why is it free? Well, of course, there is a catch (or two). The 'project' i started on this a good few years ago never got finished. While the cabinet works, it has it's flaws. And also that I need to shift it to a good home as soon as really.

Flaws:

1) The monitor doesn't have a bezel or anything covering it yet. So you will see a ugly PC monitor as you play, unless you find the time/money to cut a new one from wood.

2) The PC included isn't the best. While it can emulate most pre 1995 games fine, some of the more power hungry games will struggle to play. A new PC might be worth considering.

3) At the time I started this project, I was still living on a student loan so cheap (will make do) parts were used. The main kicker here was that I bought a cheap I-Pac clone. This doesn't seem to produce any problems until another player joins in.

For those not familiar with the setup, the (cheap) I-Pac goes into the keyboard port, but unlike the Ultimarc I-Pac units, the unit suffers from 'ghosting' when too many buttons/directions are pressed at once. This can easily be fixed with an Ultimarc I-Pac and the advantage you have here is that all the wiring is ready to slot into a new unit.

4) The marquee light/tube needs replacing.

5) There is no JAMMA wiring left in the machine at all. This is solely a MAME cabinet.

So overall, I'd like to say this is a fantastic offer for someone wanting to dive into the world of MAME, but understands that they will need to spend some time continuing on the project I started. It should be well worth it and I am happy to help out with remaining parts of the project should you need help.

Any further questions I am happy to answer!

Please note I am unable to delivery or post the cabinet, so I would be needing you to collect it from Leeds sometime soonish.

I shall post a picture tonight
    Last edited by Cauterize; 20-07-2010, 14:52.
Working...
X