Are you getting Sky Sports this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you getting Sky Sports this season?

For the first time in about 5 seasons, I intend not to buy into Sky Sports. it makes a +£25 difference to the TV bill for starters, I also want to get out of how I used to (sometimes) plan my weekends dependant on whether or not there is a decent sounding game on TV when I should really be 'doing stuff' instead.

I love watching football, but found towards the end of last season I developed a lot of aparthy for it, I really seemed to lose interest and found I never bothered to watch some of the critical games towards the end. The awful World Cup (I dont just mean England, the general quality of the tournament was so poor) hasnt helped either.

Ive no doubt that Ill have some minor internal battles with myself once the season starts, as the lure of premiership footbally is strong, wondered if you guys are having similar feelings or cant you wait for the season to start?

Absolutely, couldn't be without it. In fact the awfulness of the World Cup has me more pumped than ever to see some proper competitive football matches.

Comment

The awful world cup has got me hyped too. Even when mediocre teams play for a 0-0 at home against every big side the football was more exciting than what we saw at the world cup. Less reprehensible diving too (at least outside of the champions league games with Barcelona...)

Will probably resubscribe to ESPN too (gotta love them reducing the price up until they reveal their games) , may get Chelsea TV too.

Comment

no sky sports, good god man that sounds like living in the 3rd world.

its like water, electricity, gas, broadband and other vital life sustaining services.

Comment

Sky Sports + HD is essential.

Andy Gray and Jamie

Comment

I'd pay extra each year not to have to listen to Jamie Redknapp.

Comment

its not just the blandness of Jamie 'I woudn't get this job if it wasn't for my dad' Rednapp but the super tight grey suit trousers that leave you in no doubt as to his religion.

Comment

He's something for the ladies, I can appreciate why he's there. He should just sit there and say nothing, perhaps looking moody/pensive to maximise his appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                  He's something for the ladies, I can appreciate why he's there. He should just sit there and say nothing, perhaps looking moody/pensive to maximise his appeal.
                  At first glance I thought you'd written something else there

Jamie Redknapp also serves a useful function in that one glance at him reminds me to go to the toilet to avoid listening to the pundits.

Comment

Sky Sports is destroying football in this country, the top flight exsists only for those watching at home rather than those who turn up in person to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      Sky Sports is destroying football in this country, the top flight exsists only for those watching at home rather than those who turn up in person to watch it.
                      Nah don't think it is and I'm too old to stick on my Stone Island every Saturday now.

I like a nice comfy chair and some snacks.

Comment

Unfortunately not everyone can get to games. The real problem is the Premier League not sharing the money raised thoroughout the football pyramid.

Comment

The average attendance at top flight games has also gone up nearly every year since start of the Premier League too. It was something like 25,000 in the early 90's and it's up to about 32,000 now.

I'd say the biggest detriment to football in recent years has been the Champions League money. Getting in the top four CL spots has become the be all and end all, and it's making the top of our game stagnant. The big clubs always getting the big CL money, so it's harder and harder for anyone else to break in.
                          Last edited by EJG1980; 23-07-2010, 09:18.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            Yeps.
                            It's so expensive now, I think this might be the last season I can afford to go to the match.

Sky's coverage of English football is absolutely terrible too - tabloid ****e for idiots. I wont watch it. Oddly the Spanish coverage is quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
                              Yeps.
                              It's so expensive now, I think this might be the last season I can afford to go to the match.
                              That is a problem too actually. Some of the prices at Spurs these days are eye watering. A 'category A' match will set you back £76 for a seat in the West Stand upper (the most expensive stand) and the "cheap seats" in the lower tiers behind the goal are £45!

Comment

Working...
                              X