PS1/2 - XBOX joystick converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS1/2 - XBOX joystick converters

Okay I've seen some topics on this before and I know that the magicbox will mess up your save files if you use either the PS1 namco stick or the ASCII FT2 stick.

What I want to know is does anyone know of a PS1/2 to XBOX converter that DEFINITELY works with either of the aforementioned sticks? I want to get my Mame-X groove on.

PS: No I don't want X-Arcade and no I don't want some crappy UK/US stick. Japanese Clicky Goodness for me

This is what you need. 8)

Comment

Ahh yes a lovely looking beast indeed, but I'm trying to keep my amount of sticks down to a minimum.

Hence the plan is to own two great sticks for playstation (one down one to go), as it's the most popular platform and therefore is the easiest to get converters for for other machines. Also means it's the most likely futureproofed in that respect.

Comment

bump

Comment

no matter what xbox converter you use the ft2 fighting stick will kill your saves - buy an hori stick and your ok though (i am using a Saturn hori stick with magicbox and everything is hunky dory)

camps

Comment

Originally posted by camps
            no matter what xbox converter you use the ft2 fighting stick will kill your saves - buy an hori stick and your ok though (i am using a Saturn hori stick with magicbox and everything is hunky dory)

camps
            Wasn't it you that had problems with the namco stick through the magicbox?

Comment

Originally posted by camps

camps
              Wait a second! So you mean by using certain joysticks (like Namco PSone stick) via the magicbox convertor that it could corrupt my game saves on the Xbox HD!! I was thinking of getting one as well!!

Anyone know if the Official DC joystick works ok with the magicbox??

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecowboy
                Anyone know if the Official DC joystick works ok with the magicbox??
                I believe that the Z and C buttons on the official DC sticks don't work through magicbox.

Comment

it won't corrupt your saves - just delete them all fast as fook

dc stick won't work properly either

camps

Comment

So a Hori Soul Cali 2 stick should work fine on an Xbox with the magic box?

Any UK stockists of these?

Comment

Yes - I just pre-ordered one!

Comment

I have already got the stick on the way, I just need the magic box, thats what I meant lol Anyone know where to get these within the UK, as I need one ASAP!

Comment

So, a PS2 SCII Hori Stick works fine through the XB Magicbox?

Aren't there a couple buttons missing on the stick itself though?

Comment

Theres enough on it to of course control Soul Cali 2, AND Virtua Fighter Evo.

If you went for the Virtua Fighter stick there wouldnt be enough buttons for to play SC2 as well... or so I hear?

Got the PS2 SC2 stick coming, which I am gonna use on VFevo until I decide which version of Soul Cali to go for..

Comment

I already got the VF4Evo stick, which is a fine piece of kit. But, I need a stick for SCII, which I currently have on XBox, but I also wouldn't mind being able to use it on DOA3, CvS2 or even with Final Burn.

I am aware of the Fighter X stick, but there's something about it that doesn't quite appeal to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X