Scottish football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottish football

Has anyone seen the SPL table? Only five games in and already it's just totally absurd.

Is there a more pointless league in all the world? Is there a less competitive league in all the world? I guess La Liga runs it close but seriously, why even bother?

Scottish football is garbage, I gave up on it years ago.

Comment

its quite a shame really, considering the fan base of Celtic and Rangers, I reckon a premier league merger must happen for it to regain any relevance...

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
        its quite a shame really, considering the fan base of Celtic and Rangers, I reckon a premier league merger must happen for it to regain any relevance...
        If Celtic & Rangers were to join I would hope that they go straight into the Championship. I hope it never happens though. Scottish football is rubbish.

Comment

If Rangers and Celtic were to join, it wont happen in my opinion, then they should start at the bottom of the football pyramid. The chaos of sticking two clubs straight into the championship would be incredible. Does it mean that 5 clubs would be relegated from The Championship to make room? If so, the knock on effect would be felt all the way down. I reckon some team lower down the league would be denied the promotion they have rightly won.

Comment

Having listened to the Scotland v Lictenstien(Spelling I know) match and seen the 3rd rate Scottish players playing for the Boro. I think the main aim of the SPL should to be to produce good Scottish players again.

The old firms power struggle with expensive foreign players has caused massive damage to their own clubs and the league in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post

lol....Celtic and Rangers the pride of Scotland(not)..Would you really like to see this lot playing in England,listening to their fans chanting their bigot songs?

Nah...their better off in the SPL where they can get their West Coast baised referee and press reports after the game,the only reason their top of the league is cos the rest of us are ****..Anyway if they went into the Championship they prolly get relegated

Up here there guaranteed European football,all be it 2 games...LMAO

Comment

Is there a more pointless league in all the world? Is there a less competitive league in all the world? I guess La Liga runs it close but seriously, why even bother?[/quote]

What about the EPL? If memory serves me right, only three teams (Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea) have won the league in the last 15-16 years. Don't get me wrong, I like watching the EPL but in that respect it's not all that different from the SPL.

Stoppy2000, yeah, you're right Scottish football is rubbish, but English EPL teams get on average ?45m each per year from TV rights whilst Scottish teams get around ?13m a year between 12 clubs, bit of a difference.

It's only been a few years since both Celtic and Rangers have reached the UEFA Cup final and both OF teams have reached the last 16 of the Champions League. I don't think that's bad considering the income the SPL generates and that Scotland's population is 2 million less than that of Greater London.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                  Nah...their better off in the SPL where they can get their West Coast baised referee and press reports after the game,the only reason their top of the league is cos the rest of us are ****..Anyway if they went into the Championship they prolly get relegated

Up here there guaranteed European football,all be it 2 games...LMAO
                  @ armchair Critic - Blackburn have also won it

West coast tsk tsk, i prefer central belt

much like Kieran the administration for them to join the English league would be incredible and you would have to compensate the teams who were denied promotion, if you knew there was no promotion at the end of a season who teams try as hard as they would normally

nah i doubt it will ever happen, shame really as playing better teams week in week out would only benefit the teams north of the border

Comment

Working...
                  X