Edge - Equip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge - Equip

Has anyone read this issue. It's as if the Edge staff had all their previous opinions erased and replaced with new ones. I loved the issue , it was a celebration of all things Playstation. I just hope Sony had trademarked all their Eyetoy technology as it had the opportunity of making videogames truly massmarket , it just needs to be playform exclusive.

I've not read the issue, but its where gamings got to go to keep innovative/fresh.
    What must not be done is using new tech with existing game genres.
    New genres should be created to work with the new tech as Bemani did (although the game came first, then the mats, but you see my point).

I'm sick of hearing people go on about Mobile gaming as its a nowhere movement. Methinks it will eventually kill the GB series

Its good for Sony that they're innovative and ballsy enough to do this kinda thing.
    Its what you'd expect Atari to have done during their arcade reign.

Comment

It's going to be the biggest thing to hit video gaming since Space Invaders. Can you imagine people walking past Dixons with an Eyetoy pointing out onto the main high street. It'll double PS2 sales easily.

Comment

Its been around some time. I remember seeing this an last years Sony Expo at the ECTS. I'm not sure it will sell to great over here in the UK (knowing how sceptical we are) ,but is the kinda thing that would go down a storm in Japan.

Saying that, i've heard that the DDR mats have sold well in the UK.

I just hope that Capcom continues to support the Steel Bat. controller as it would be a shame to all those that bought one.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeStephen
          It's going to be the biggest thing to hit video gaming since Space Invaders. Can you imagine people walking past Dixons with an Eyetoy pointing out onto the main high street. It'll double PS2 sales easily.
          They certainly hope so.

(And I do too...)

--Ed

Comment

The best applications I see for Eye Toy are as an addition to existing genres.

Imagine combining the Eye Toy and a G-Con 2 so you litterally could duck out of the way of oncoming fire in Time Crisis or in a Punch-Out style boxing game where you use your pad to attack and the Eye Toy for ducking and weaving.

Comment

FreeStephen wrote:

They certainly hope so.

(And I do too...)

--Ed
              As long as the games aren't called 'Piston Panic' or 'Pigeon Plop', eh Ed?

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                The best applications I see for Eye Toy are as an addition to existing genres.

Imagine combining the Eye Toy and a G-Con 2 so you litterally could duck out of the way of oncoming fire in Time Crisis or in a Punch-Out style boxing game where you use your pad to attack and the Eye Toy for ducking and weaving.
                A Punch Out style game is one of the screenshots shown in the Equip edition

Comment

See, that's why I should work in the games industry.

Also: I'd have turned that window cleaning game that Ed was mucking about with on the telly into a breast fondling game.

Comment

Working...
                  X