dance games and mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dance games and mats

Righto my wife after all these years has finaly decided dhe likes the ps2, and wants to try out some dance games

my question is where can i get 2 good quality dance mats and what are the best dance games out there, they can be US/jap or pal

please suggest some as shes seen britneys dance beat and wants that

im thinking DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution 7th Mix (when its released) or Dance Dance Revolution 6th Mix

im thinking is this the right forum? or should it be in import/tech advice??

I would actually go for Dancing Stage Euromix. It is rather cheesy, but your wife will recognise the songs and it is still an entertaining game.

I can't help with the dance mats, as I am also looking for a couple of decent ones.

Comment

if you're semi-serious about dancegames i'd suggest to get 2 cheap 3d party controllers and build some of your own. It's VERY easy, they last a lifetime and it looks frikkin' cool
      here's one of mine:

the trick is: don't build an arcade-wannabe because it's too hard an actually costs money, while the version i built works just as well and cost absolutely nothing

Comment

Originally posted by warci
        if you're semi-serious about dancegames i'd suggest to get 2 cheap 3d party controllers and build some of your own. It's VERY easy, they last a lifetime and it looks frikkin' cool
        here's one of mine:

the trick is: don't build an arcade-wannabe because it's too hard an actually costs money, while the version i built works just as well and cost absolutely nothing
        show off!

I can recommend Dancing Stage Euromix and Party Mix... but I wasn't fussed by Disney Mix....

The Jungle Book was a really good beginers guide - but we soon out grew it!

Comment

I wanna get a dance mat and bind it up to a shooter (halo or summit), that would be some funny ****.

Norris

Comment

Probably a bit out of the price range you're thinking of:

I'm thinking of picking one of these up as my current dance mat has worn away since I've progressed to expert difficulties. They just aren't responsive enough and I am consistantly failing on them :-P

I did this simple wood board mod on mine:

The down arrow is dying now :-(

My advice would be to get some cheap standard mats and see if you really like it. The US version of DDRMAX is worth a look, as it's got some more western tunes on it as well as some advanced stuff. Dancing Stage Party Mix will have the recognisable UK pop but won't have Max300 etc. if you decide to play it long term.

This 'Venom' mat is alright but as I said it wears out quick :-P Should be able to take you up to 1-5 foot difficulty though.

I've heard the Logic 3 standard mats are good, but not used them myself.

Comment

hmm that metal mat on SR sure is tempting, especially as the shipping on the ebay metal mats were the main thing that put me off.

Comment

wheres the best place for these games u lot are mentioning as lik-sang and tronix dont seeem to have them

Comment

RedOctane sell their own range of pads and the full set of DDR US games. Shipping is quite expensive for the pads though (from the US).[/url]

Comment

cheers shadow

Comment

Rave Station Dance Mat was highly recommended to me and I've had no problems with it at all - it's very good indeed.

If I could get a top of the range Red Octane soft mat from the US for a reasonable amount of money I would.

Comment

Hey $h@d0w nice mod

I was thinking of soing a similar thing on the 2 mats we have. What did yo use for yours? It looks like a piece of mdf with plastic sleeve to hold the mat in.

Our mats get caught up on anything over 3 feet.

Nice

FB

Comment

show off!
                          no really, it ain't hard
                          As these cheap mat-thing seem to break down as you get medieval on them: this thing is as solid as a rock and allows you to really hit it hard.

here's a rough guide as to how to build one yourself:

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Bob
                            Hey $h@d0w nice mod

I was thinking of soing a similar thing on the 2 mats we have. What did yo use for yours? It looks like a piece of mdf with plastic sleeve to hold the mat in.

Our mats get caught up on anything over 3 feet.

Nice

FB
                            I followed this and used stuff from B&Q

Cost me about ?20 altogether excluding the mat itself.

How I did it -
                            Measured out the arrows and left about 3 inches for the top, got some particle board the right size.
                            Stuck the mat down with carpet tape making sure that the arrows weren't pressed.
                            Wrapped "hardwood floor covering" over the top. Used a staple gun to hold it down (stapled on the sides). Make sure the arrows aren't getting pressed again.
                            Finished the job with some rubber slip grip carpet stuff on the bottom.

Comment

I bought one from WH Smiths the other day for ?24.99 including Dance Stage Euromix: Party Mix.

Not too bad all in all.

Comment

Working...
                              X