January 2011 Transfer Window Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 2011 Transfer Window Thread

City look set to splash the cash yet again and are in talks to sign (another!) striker in Edin Dzeko.

At United, Sir Alex said that they'll be no signings this Transfer Window. Macheda looks set to go out on loan with a host of Serie A clubs interested. Speaking of Serie A, it looks like Ronaldinho will no longer play in that league as he is set to return to Brazil.

Almunia has been told he can leave Arsenal and across town at Spurs, it'll be Bentley out and Beckham in apparently.

Speculate ahoy...

While at the Reebok, Owen Coyle, like every previous manager we've had over the last decade will be linked with pretty much every player over the age of 30 who is either out of contract, available on loan or available on the cheap.

Comment

I thought Beckham said he wouldn't play for any English club except for Man Utd? If he wants to come in and doesn't mind starting on the bench then I think it's worth it. He could be another Gudjohnsen style signing, experienced winner that can impart his winning mentality on to our players.

Comment

And Wenger will only sign foetuses citing maturing squad players and returning injured twats as better than what real money can buy.

Comment

Sylvain Marveaux was at Anfield when Liverpool were hosting Wolves the other night (tho' after that display he'll probably turn us down ).

Currently plays for Rennes as a winger (24 years of age), price is estimated at ?1.5 million.

Comment

I am just hoping Roy Hodgson is around long enough for Liverpool to buy Carlton Cole from West Ham. He is crap and we need the money

Comment

The mighty Wednesday will actually have real money to spend in the transfer window this year. I think the last person we actually paid a fee for was Francis Jeffers so I am not overlly confident we shall sign wisely. Irvine says we need extra defensive and attacking cover. I think we need a ball winning midfielder.

Comment

Apparently Newcastle have thrown their hat into the 'signing Beckham on loan' circus that's set to dominate this transfer window's gossip columns.

I'd settle for Forest actually signing someone, preferably a left back, but Billy Davies seems to like having about a dozen strikers on the book so I expect we'll buy a few of them.

Comment

Pay up and have Tudgay then!

Comment

We might well do, he seems to be doing pretty well...

Comment

I rate him, stupid Wednesday fans have been on his back for a nearly a year. Fed up of them accusing him of being lazy. Hope he goes and does well, show the idiots they know nowt about football.

Comment

You always know there's something there when a player is loaned out to a higher division.

Comment

We were too quick to let Chris Cohen go and now look at him at Forest.

As for the Beckham cobblers, our stupid chairman making all the noises about signing him, like he would ever come to West Ham after they hung that effigy of him outside the pub in '98 !

Why would we want him anyway. He is past it for Premier League. I just hope he goes to Spurs so Harry can bankrupt them too like he has with every club he has been at !

Comment

Thats not likely to happen is it

Comment

That's what they said at Portsmouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X