Play-Asia missing parcel - advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play-Asia missing parcel - advice please

Last year I pre-ordered Do Don Pachi Resurrection LTD Edition on XB360. It shipped from Play-Asia on the 25th November. Now, because of all the snow in December and airports closing I wasn't really that concerned when it didn't arrive with a couple of weeks (it was sent Air Economy, it was insured). I just assumed it would arrive before Christmas.

Unfortunately, it never did arrived before Xmas. On 20th December I contacted Play-Asia to report my concern that the parcel may have gone missing. They said they would open an "investigation" with their post office which can take up to 2 months. There is a tracking number that shows the game leaving Hong Kong on 10th December (15 days later than Play-Asia said it had been shipped). Play-Asia said to be patient as it would probably arrive. It was almost worded as if it was a standard reply.

Fast forward to now. I've still not received the game. I've done the usual checking with the neighbours to see if they've taken it in. I've checked with my local post office to make sure it's not sitting there waiting for collection. I realise that Play-Asia still have about 3 weeks to go with their "investigation". I contacted them again a few days ago and again got an almost "automated response" saying "sorry for the delay in your parcel, we're still waiting for your post office to contact our post office" .... that sort of rubbish.

The parcel was last tracked on the Hong Kong post office website as leaving on the 10th December 2010. It has never appeared on either Royal Mail or Parcelforce's tracking website.

I'm willing to wait up until the end of the 2 months for Play-Asia to conduct their investigation. But if nothing arrives (and to be honest I don't think it will now) I will be wanting a refund. But I can see Play-Asia being awkward to deal with when I eventually demand a refund. As far as I can see, Play-Asia have had their chance to do something about this and put it right. But to me, it just seems that they've wanted to play this waiting game and stalling for time.

Has anyone here ever had to deal with a Play-Asia parcel that has never arrived? What are they like to deal with in situations like this?

I don't really want them to send out a replacement as the same thing could happen. And I could now probably pick up the game cheaper on here or VGI and not have all this hassle.

Put yourself in my position ...... what would you be saying to Play-Asia at the end of the "2 month investigation"? How would you proceed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
    Last edited by charlesr; 18-07-2019, 19:36.

I ordered a game just late last year and it took 8 weeks to arrive. PA have got awful in the past couple of years in terms of speed of delivery for their standard postage option. A friend in HK can get a game to me in 3-5 days for less than PA charge for their cheapest option so I tend to avoid them nowadays unless I have to use them.

Sorry that's not much help but just thought I'd make you aware that I had a similar wait and in the end it turned up safely.

Comment

Yeah I had a problem with my copy of Raiden. I went through pretty much the same responses that you have with play-asia. I'm not sure I waited 8 weeks though, it was a couple of years ago, anyway I digress, they sent me another and it arrived a couple weeks later. Waiting for PA orders is so painful, I share your pain.

Comment

Shipping from Play Asia with the standard airmail is pathetic. You can fly from Japan to Hong Kong in 2 hours so why does it ALWAYS take Play Asia more than two weeks to get a game to me? Bull **** is what it is. I also had a problem with a game not arriving so I wrote to then to ask what was going on. I never even got a reply from them. The game finally arrived mind you, 5 weeks after they had supposedly sent it.

Comment

I doubt you'll get an special love about this, I imagine they have to deal with this kind of thing frequently, given the size of their business.

Packages that go astray can technically take this long to arrive, so you're going to have to ride out this initial waiting time. I know it's frustrating, but there isn't much you can do.

If your package still hasn't turned after this, and it's insured, then I don't imagine they will have a problem either sending you a replacement or refunding you but you will have to get clarity for them what you options are once this time has passed.

Comment

I like economy mail, sure it's slow but no customs. :3

Comment

I think Play Asia must have read this thread. For the first time EVER my parcel arrived within a week. Today my copy of Mindjack arrived. So tomorrow Dead Space 2 should arrive since it was sent out one day later. What are the odds it won't?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                How slow? I ordered something that was shipped economy on the 2nd and it hasn't arrived, yet when I buy off ebay from Japan and have it sent economy it always arrives withing a week.

Comment

I'm still waiting on my Ketsui LE, which was posted on the 28th of January...

Comment

ahh noticed play asia been alot slower lately have two games sent within a few days of each other nearly two weeks ago still not arrived

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      I always get hit by customs with Economy Mail. Stuff was taking around 4-6 weeks to arrive too which is why i don't use them anymore.

Comment

Well, I certainly won't be using Play-Asia any more. The Do Don Pachi that was supposedly posted towards the end of November still hasn't arrived. I've still got about a week to go while Play-Asia conduct their so-called "investigation" with the Hong Kong post office which they stated can take up 2 months. Just have to wait and see what they say when I start kicking up a fuss again next week. Waiting 3 months for a game is ludicrous, and having to wait 2 months before they even consider doing anything about it is .... well, it's beyond belief.

Any recommendations for any other stores I could try? I know about AmiAmi but have never used them. what are they like? I might just stick with VGI from now on though as the saving from importing is small and it's not worth this amount of aggro, plus no danger of import charges!

I hope you guys get your goodies soon. I resigned to the fact that my game has gone "missing".

Comment

Renchi are really good, as are Yesasia. Just tried NCSX and they delivered my order on time but I'm in the throes of having to get a manual replaced, so the jury's out on their customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear View Post
                            I always get hit by customs with Economy Mail. Stuff was taking around 4-6 weeks to arrive too which is why i don't use them anymore.

i get hit by customs when its two games in one parcel ....when its just one game i rarely do

Comment

I think although you've had a bad experience with PA, I wouldn't consider them bad. I also guarantee that if you have anything shipped from the likes of HK and JPN by economy mail and it goes astray you will have to endure the same thing, regardles sof the company you go with.

I think (but I'm not 100%) that Yesasia ship all their stuff over and then redistribute from over here, so that will probably be more secure, but if it gets lost it will be the same process.

If you wanna be really safe, you've either got to pay for UPS shipping from places like PA or go with VGI.

I have to say I think you've been unlucky. I've had tonnes from PA and I've never had anything go astray!

Comment

Working...
                              X