Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mircosoft JPN points cards

Hi Folks

Where is the best place to get japanese points cards from? As I have just ordered Virtual On for the 360 and would like to get the games DLC. I have created a japanese live account but understand that european points cards are lock to europe and will not work on a japanese account. Please correct me if I am wrong about this. One other question if you use a Japanese account to buy a game on demand will it work on a european Xbox?

Thanks

Slicer1000

www.japan-codes.com is a decent enough site that I've come across recently who do all manner of cards. Play-Asia do some digital download cards too (very fast service), but aside from that there's always eBay.

Re: Games on Demand, as well as a Japanese account and points, you will need to fool the service into thinking you are in Japan via your IP address (meaning some kind of JP proxy), and even then you will still need to have the correct machine region when you boot it each time.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Re: Games on Demand, as well as a Japanese account and points, you will need to fool the service into thinking you are in Japan via your IP address (meaning some kind of JP proxy), and even then you will still need to have the correct machine region when you boot it each time.
      Yup. Spot on.

Japanese IP, Japanese Machine, and Japanese account all needed to use Games On Demand from JP marketplace.

Once downloaded however, all you need is the Japanese machine, it will play on all profiles.

Comment

ok thanks for the information when you order a card does that web site e-mail you the code?

Comment

that site won't work for me...something about a transient error has occurred!
          play-asia too expensive as they only do a large denomination card....balls!!

Comment

just nabbed 1400 points from playasia for 15.74....couldn't even get the contact page on japan-codes to work sadly.

anything on there for the 600 points I will have left that is any good??

Comment

I did not know this. Awesome news you can get it digitally. Lookin forward to Ridge Racer Type 4 when it gets to the Japanese store. Can't run the PAL Ridge Racer Type 4 on my Japanese PS3 so this is perfect.

Comment

Gonna buy me a JP 1400 points card, I already have 400, so I have 1800 points to spend minus 800 on Guwange. What to spend the remaining 1000 on?

Comment

Working...
                X