Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAVE Scoring hooks

Hey guys,

Is there a good dedicated guide or Youtube vid explaining the scoring hooks for the Cave shooties??

I've just been a fairly casual "shoot everything till I die" kind of player & feel it's time I tried becoming a score whore & playing them properly (not that my skills are upto it)

So is there anywhere online I can find a tutorial for them or does anyone here know them?? (I'm looking at you mr's Silvergun, Fuse & Famidude )

Ta muchly

Neil

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

Comment

I'll usually check over at http://shmups.system11.org as well. They have a Strategy forum there where people request and post info about specific scoring systems. Very useful and admittedly I wouldn't have much of a clue at all without that forum.

Comment

^ yeah thoes are the two great sites for info

here's a sort of strategy section index:

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Have had a look but it still doesnt make much sense.

Think I'll have to watch a few youtube superplays to see if it helps make sense of it all.

Thanks again peeps.

Neil

Comment

What scoring hook in particular are you trying to learn?

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
              What scoring hook in particular are you trying to learn?
              I'm just looking at all of them to be fair but at the mo I'd be most interested in DDP: DFK & Ketsui

So to begin with I'll start there & work backwards down the list of 360 & PS2 ports.

Neil

Comment

I've not played much DFK yet, but I know the basics of Ketsui. In short, get up in enemies faces and use the normal shot - the closer your proximity the higher the value if the chips; ideally you are after the 5s. When you do this you will see a counter in the top-left as well which counts down how long you have to keep producing that particular type of chip, meaning that you have a window of time to back off and use your lock shot - where killing things keeps the counter replenishing. I think that's roughly about it in a nutshell? There's obviously lots of intricacies, but just getting your head round that first is a good start

Comment

Lol why must it be so difficult

Thanks for that Fuse that's a good starting block
                  Will give that a try when I get a blast on it tomorrow

Neil

Comment

Comment

I'm In the same boat mate. I really need an online pal to learn from and show me the ropes.

Comment

Well, Futari 1.5 Original is pretty basic. You use R2 when the count in the top left corner is at 0-500/1000-1500 and so on, and A button when it's at 500-1000/1500-2000 and so on.

Comment

Aye, I get mushi, not great at it though ! Got a few new mates off rsg forum to help with DS.
                          Last edited by ozzzy189; 06-03-2011, 14:28.

Comment

yay deathsmiles 2 completed it one credit and got the secret boss to

Comment

I always find bullet hell shooters mental. I played a bit of Ikaruga last night on the Game Cube, was a lot of fun. It's so hard to remember the patterns though. Seeing someone ace it a few years ago was mind boggling. Death Smiles too I played in the Arcade was great fun difficult as usual though.

Comment

Working...
                              X