SVC Chaos (SNK Vs Capcom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVC Chaos (SNK Vs Capcom)

Exactly one month until my most wanted game of the year is released so I thought it was about time this forum had an anticipation thread. (Well I can't see one anyway.)
    Reading threads on ng.com is a little scary tbh, some people don't rate it much. I suppose it's to be expected really with such a hyped up release. Apparently it's not that impressive technically (ie the fight system) but frankly, that doesn't bother me. I'm not a hardcore beat-em-up player nor am I a Japanese master who ownz the arcades. The thought of SNK Vs Capcom finally being released and done properly (who the **** needs 6 buttons ) with some of the most impressive 2D graphics ever and an awesome list of characters is enough for me. It looks like just my sort of fighter. Can't bloody wait

So, who's pre-ordered then? We can track neostore's shipment here too if Shawn puts the numbers up.
    Anyone played the MVS?

The arcade does not look particularly special tbh. Pretty messy looking in fact. It is popular in Japan but I imagine in a more faddy way than long term.
    It plays "alright" I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by saif
      Pretty messy looking in fact.
      Pretty messy by todays standards because it's on 10+ year old hardware or pretty messy by Neo standards?

Comment

didnt realise it was coming out next month.
        do you mean the AES vesion?

i got to wait for a console version...hopefully DC.
        i will definately get it though, no matter what anyone says

Comment

I thought it looked a little messy compared to the KOFs out on the streets. I can't claim to be totally knowledgable about it all. Yes it is on old hardware but it is not great looking on that imho.

But its all about the play

Comment

MS3, KOF '98, RB2, AOF3, Garou and SS4 are great looking games - for some reason the quality of SNKs games has dropped significantly since their demise in 2001 - And I don't just mean graphically.

I'm hoping this comes out on the DC pretty much as soon as. I'm not wasting ?250 on a Playmore game ever again.

If only the old SNK were still around. *cries*

Comment

I had to buy a replacement PS2 as mine (unsurprisingly) has broken (crap Sony hardware) so I can't afford the home cart now.

Im secretly hoping the 1000+ emails we sent out to SNKPlaymore will give us a nice DC version which is the only one I would buy.

Comment

Maybe I was half asleep, but im sure I read Playmore were bringing it to the PS2.

Comment

Originally posted by replicant
                  Maybe I was half asleep, but im sure I read Playmore were bringing it to the PS2.
                  yep, and Xbox.

Comment

If I was to import it to an arcade cabinet, would you guys play it for ?1 for 3 credits?

Comment

This may already have been said but i have played this quite a few times on the arcade and although i thought it ws pretty good, i thouht it was more of the same, which is not a bad thing pluis to emphasis one of the quotes a bove yes it looks very messy, pixels ahoy. Still a good game tho imo

Comment

Comment

So anyone going to get the sexy looking AES/Home Cartridge version?

I'm thinking about it, although it's difficult as I need to send large ammount of euros to the UK. O_o

Still SNK Playmore better do a DC version...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls
                            Is this going to be a good fighting game from Playmore or yet another rehash of old SNK stuff...hope it's better than the latest KOF stuff which has been on a down hill since Playmore took over...This May well be the last NeoGeo AES game too!

Cheers

Quexex

Comment

It won't be the last AES game. There will be another Metal Slug, and probably another game or two after that.

I almost can't help wetting my pants, just thinking of playing the PS2 version come December, with my Namco Stick

I'd love to get a Neo Geo home system and an AES version, but that would be like five months worth of study grants and that measly salaray my editor throws after me

Comment

Working...
                              X