The Blizzard magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blizzard magazine

There are a few of us on here who like to read more indepth analysis of football and all matters surrounding the game and it seems The Blizzard could be another interesting source.

It has some very good contributors in Gabriele Marcotti, Raphael Honigstein and Jonathan Wilson. I haven't heard of the other writers but I'd be very interested in reading some the articles listed on the site.

Issue 0 is available as a 'pay as much as you like' .pdf download and issue 1 is released in June in print form, afaik. Now all I need is a decent pdf viewer.

David Winner talks to Dennis Bergkamp
    That's pretty much all I need to make me want issue 1 tbh. But it's so expensive

Comment

I dont think its too bad, for a recurring sub you can suggest the price you want to pay. Its quarterly too, weighing in at 190 or so pages means it'll be substantial too.

I'm definitely gonna be subscribing.

Comment

Good find, looks good if not a little pricey, be interesting to see how they distinguish themselves from 4-4-2, I'm kind of of the belief (unfortunately) that there is a small market for this kind of thing but the vast majority of football fans are as thick as 2 short planks.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
          the vast majority of football fans are as thick as 2 short planks.
          I'd tend to say thats the general public, not just football fans.

I've read Inverting the Pyramid by Jonathan Wilson and I've always like Marcotti and Hoenigstein's articles I've read on the internet. Never read 4-4-2 though, think I'll go look it up now.

Give issue 0 a go, you can choose what you pay for it. I'm gonna get it as soon as I find a decent way to read it. Smartphones aren't particularly suited to long articles.

Comment

I've downloaded issue zero and pre-ordered issue 1 to show some support, Gab Marcotti is a favourite of mine.

4-4-2 is ok, has some very good articles.

Comment

I'm a lefty intellectual, so I tend to stick with WSC most months...

Comment

Working...
              X