The J. League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The J. League Thread

Does anyone else follow this (or the Asian Champions League)?
    A friend of mine is a Gamba Osaka fan, so I've been attending games with him recently. Really awesome experience, seemingly avoiding much of the negativity found at games back home. Bought myself a team shirt with Endo on the back too, which I'm rather pleased with. The next Asian Champions League game for the team is a derby against Cerezo Osaka - I can't attend it, but it should be an awesome watch, the attendance might be higher too. I saw two Asian Champions League games against Jeju United (Korean) and Tianjin Teda (Chinese) and the away stand had about 15 people in them, that would presumably be packed at the derby game.
    I want to try and see a Kyoto Sanga game too at some point, though I'm not sure if I'd have anyone to go with.

Yeah been following it for over ten years now. Such undiluted and fun football to watch. So many amazing goals each weekend!
    A fan of Reysol myself, saw them when I was in Japan in 2008, got the 08 shirt too. Currently sat top of J1 after last weekend too! Bonus! Especially as they have been up and down so much in the last 5 or 6 years.

Don't follow the ACL as much though, its a bit dull.

I have used this site for info over most of the last ten years.

Another thing I love about Japanese football, and I am sure it is the same in other leagues too but it doesn't feel the same in this country is the roar of the crowd when they get a 1v1 or something.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

The crescendo of noise when Okazaki and Kazu go 1v1 then score is immense. Maybe it does happen here, I don't really go to games but on tv it lacks the amazing atmosphere.

In fact looking here, it is like the whole stadium holds its breath right at the 1v1.
    Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by nakamura; 15-05-2011, 13:22.

Comment

We watch the Asian games when they are on Eurosport, saw the final this year.

Keep trying to go and see our local team Vortis when I'm over there but something always comes up. Also like Sanfrecce, been carrying one of their wallets around since 1994.

Comment

J-league is cheap, accessible and safe but that's where the good points end. I've been to tons of games with various teams, and the level of football is often laughable at best and the atmosphere is like a dress rehersed quire practice.

Comment

Working...
        X