Animal Crossing GREAT LOSS !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animal Crossing GREAT LOSS !

After playing animal crossing for one month now i had a great little town some good pals and three house upgrades UNTIL I switched my gamecube from US to jap mode to play Ikaruga and forget to remove the memory card. Now it has formatted my memory card and i have lost my town my house my nintendo grab-bag and everything !

Is there anything anyone can do or say to try and help me through this difficult time.

My only consolation is that my wind walker with bonus disc came today.

OH GOD I miss ozzie and bill so much already.

OMG thats soo sad. I don't know what I'd do If I lost our town. Its the only game me and my gf play together and we've put so much time into that game.

I truely feel your loss bro.

FB

Comment

It is of no consolation to you now, but for others, the method I use to ensure this doesnt happen is that my AC towns (of which I have two) are on separate 59 memory cards.

I always keep these cards with the game in the box. I always make sure that I take them out and put them back in the box after everytime I play.

I have also made sure to label up my Japanese designated memory card and leave it right next to my GC so I remember to change it everytime I play a Japanese game!

I feel for you but I am sure Zelda will ease your pain .

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss ;_; Losing game saves is always tragic, but I'd imagine much worse with a game as personal as Animal Crossing. I'd hate to lose my save file!

I advise always using port 2 for animal crossing. I keep my animal crossing data inserted even when I'm playing Japanese games, it never tries to access or reformat it in that socket.

Comment

great tip thanks !

I didn't realise about the whole port 2 thing ! i shall do that this time round as i slowly rebuild my town.

Comment

Man, that sounds terrible!

How did you format it though? Surely it doesn't just do it automatically?

Comment

it was a japanese game (Ikaruga) and a message come up in japanese and my dumb friend hit A which had he waited i would have told him to click the other option and it then proceeded to format my memory card .

Comment

Disown him! ft:

Comment

the even more annoying thing is that my friend can actually read japanese he was just too darn impatient

Comment

My mate turned of the GC when he was visiting my town, when he turned it back on again he got the telling off from the mole and he had lost all his items aand his.........face, yes there were black holes where the eyes and mouth should've been it was hilarious and scary.

Comment

I feel your pain man. If my village ever went I would be bereft, put stupid amounts of time into that game
                      The idea of placing the mem card into port 2 is a good one, let me know if you need any fruits or items in particular and I'll send em ya for free

Comment

bowser that is so kind - but i think i will probably be ok for the minute. I think i still have a few codes hanging around my inbox. The despair is starting to ease now that i have just finished my part time job at tom nooks again

Comment

a sad, sad story, for sure

Comment

I lost all my Monkey Ball saves and scores for the same reason. People who don't understand these things really shouldn't mess about with the controller

Comment

This isn't an uncommon story. I did the same thing with a Resi save on my Q.

Comment

Working...
                              X