SP Purchased - what to play on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SP Purchased - what to play on it?

So I got a nice shiny SP on Saturday. Only bought Advance Wars as I knew I'd like it (and I do).

Somewhat shamefully perhaps this is the first Gameboy I've ever owned (I've still got an Atari Lynx though!) so I have no idea what other games I should be looking for.

Doesn't really matter what type - shooters, RPG, strategy, platform, I don't care really. I just want to know what's good so if anyone has any recommendations I'd love to hear them!

Cheers.

Scott.

Yoshis Island for starters. Perfect for the GBA and also very, very good. Its reviewed on this very site, as is Mario Kart Advance which is another top quality title and perfect for the GBASP.

Comment

Here's a few recommendations for you mate:

Metroid Fusion
      Yoshi's Island
      Golden Sun

Comment

Zelda alttp.
        Golden Sun
        Metroid Fusion.

That should keep you busy for a few hours.

Comment

I can't recommend Yoshi's Island enough, it's a great game and i'm really enjoying it.

I also like Golden Sun which took me a while to get into but once you do it's also top notch.

My 3rd recommendation would be Streetfighter Zero - My fave beat em up on teh GBA. If your more old skool you might prefer Streetfighter 2 turbo

enjoy.

Comment

Denki blocks is brilliant if you like puzzle games. You could probably pick that up for next to nothing, as it bombed at retail >_<

I agree with most of the above choices too, especially mario kart and yoshis island.

Comment

Go to www.play.com where they are doing 2 games for ?20. I suggest Rayman, Phalanx, Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Aero the Acrobat. Other good games on their depending on your tastes are Street Fighter 3 Alpha, Lilo and Stitch, Gradius Galaxies, Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (gets a bit boring though without 3D courses), Turok Evolution.

Also get Broken Sword from Toys R Us for ?14.99.

Of course, this is assuming you haven't already played these games on other formats.

Comment

Final Fantasy Tactics :One to look out for (U.S release in a few months I think....)

Comment

Both of the castlevania's are superb.

Comment

The 2-for-?20 deal at play.com seemed pretty good so I've got a couple on order there. Will definitely be picking up Yoshi's Island and Golden Sun too I think as they both look like they've got a lot of play in them.

Thanks for the replies anyway.

Scott.

Comment

Eggo Mania in the Play deal is rather good fun as well; like a cross between a platformer and Tetris.

Comment

Pok?mon! Seriously, it is a brilliant game. Just for kids? Pffft.

I didn't like Golden Sun that much. It looks nice and there are some very good parts, but has an irritating premature ending that spoils things. Also the dialogue is just terrible (and unskippable!) 10 minute sections of dire conversation are not uncommon. When you have faced an epic battle, only to start a mammoth conversation with no chance of saving AND your battery light goes red, I'd like to see anyone say they love the game.

Comment

Originally posted by quirky
                          When you have faced an epic battle, only to start a mammoth conversation with no chance of saving AND your battery light goes red, I'd like to see anyone say they love the game.
                          Thats the beauty of the SP.. Just plug it in when the light comes on
                          I know what you mean about the conversations. Zelda alttp is better, in fact it is one of the greatest games ever made, certainly the best ever Zelda.

Comment

golden sun
                            tatics ogre
                            advance wars
                            FFTA
                            kuru kuru kurirurn
                            All the Mario Games my fave being world [advance 2]
                            Mario Kart
                            Fzero
                            Zelda

Neil.

Comment

And don't forget that GB/GBC games work too - the two Zelda Oracle games are excellent

Comment

Working...
                              X