Fantasy Football 2011/2012 - Enter now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantasy Football 2011/2012 - Enter now!

It's that time of year, so get yourself over to the website and get your teams registered now! It's free to play!

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

If you don't know your football, the system will even select a random team for you if you let it. I'd actually recommend that for now, you can make unlimited changes to your team before the season kicks off and I'm sure there's lots of transfer action still to come. Manchester City are looking to replace at least 35 members of their squad over the next few weeks. (I wrote that last year, and yet still it applies.)

I have NOT renewed the NTSC-UK league this year. If you want to enter, go to the site above and create your team, then post your team name in this thread. I'll then PM you the code to join the league. This needs to be done so we actually know who everyone is, because there's always teams that appear and nobody has a clue who they belong to. This way, everyone should be identifiable. Every team name that shows up in the league without a post here will be kicked out, assuming I have that power!

If anyone needs any help getting started or with the basics, post here or PM me and I or others will be happy to help you out. Don't let a lack of knowledge of football put you off, it's as much a numbers/statistics game as a football one, and the website is excellent for letting you see a player's form, how well they've been doing, etc, without having to watch Match of the Day!

For people that have been playing for a while, the rules are the same this year as last year, there's nothing new to worry about. If you're new, do have a gander at the rules first, particularly about wildcards and captains, as they're often the difference between a good week and an amazing one.

Now, go, get those teams created, and remember, picking Fernando Torres is a terrible idea. He may be popular but his only input into the World Cup was to fall over in one match and then injure himself in another. (I wrote that last year as well, how good am I?)

I'll spend a bit more time on it this year and be a little less patriotic. Splashing all my cash on Chelsea was my downfall last season.

Comment

I'll be in a little later once the transfers have settled down a bit.

Comment

This season looks even harder than the last. Lots of players overpriced, I spent nearly two hours trying to work out my team. No doubt it will completly change again before KO

My team is once again Lemmiwinks United

Comment

I'm in this year

Team - The Wreckers

Look forward to getting trounced

Neil

Comment

Wehey

Pink & whites

Sign me up!

Comment

PMd y'all!

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
              Every team name that shows up in the league without a post here will be kicked out, assuming I have that power!
              Looks like I can do this, what power I wield! Look out everyone that finishes above me

Comment

I'll be in again as Nottingham Deforested

And the rules *are* different this year, captain selection works differently to last year for a start...

Comment

Does it? What's changed?

EDIT: Wait, there wasn't a vice-captain, was there? You're right.

Comment

Is someone going to PM me the code then?

Comment

Yeah, I am, there's no rush

(PMing)

Comment

I'm in...

team is - Gabbafiend FC

Comment

Im happy with my team, but I know NZogs is going to go to Villa and balls it all up again >_<

Comment

In - 2_B_R_O_2_B

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                              Im happy with my team, but I know NZogs is going to go to Villa and balls it all up again >_<
                              And lo and behold >_<

Charles N'Zogbia is set for talks with Aston Villa after Wigan Athletic accepted their transfer offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X