Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    Why have Stoke signed Upson? They think Woody will cripple up? Surely Shawcross and Huth are lynchpins of that team.
    They'd be stupid not to

Comment

There was a lot of talk about Huth leaving a couple of weeks back though.

Shane Long gone to West Brom. One to watch that lad. Him and Odemwingie up front will score a few this season for sure.

Comment

Seems Man U will be getting Sneider for ?35million.

Wasn't Ferguson going on last week about other clubs spending big?

?15mill for Phil Jones
        ?19mill for De Gae
        ?15 for Young

?85million...

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
          Seems Man U will be getting Sneider for ?35million.Wasn't Ferguson going on last week about other clubs spending big??15mill for Phil Jones?19mill for De Gae?15 for Young?85million...

:woot:

Yeah Yeah the real big news today is:
          Highly-rated Derry City winger James McClean has completed his move to Premier League side Sunderland for a guaranteed fee of ?350,000.McClean completed a medical on Monday and then finalised personal terms after Derry accepted the offer from the English giants.The 22-year-old has been a target for a number of English clubs this summer, with Peterborough United making two offers for the player.McClean has signed a three-year deal.Wigan Athletic had also expressed an interest in the player, who scored 18 goals in 73 appearances.His impressive form has resulted in a first call-up to the Northern Ireland squad for the Euro 2012 qualifier against the Faroe Islands, but he informed manager Nigel Worthington that he wished to declare for the Republic of Ireland.Sunderland manager Steve Bruce said: "James is an outstanding young talent and has rightly attracted interest from a number of clubs over the summer so we're very pleased that he sees his future at Sunderland.McClean becomes Bruce's 10th summer signing.

Comment

He should be at Posh

McClean I mean, but I guess I'd accept Sneijder at a push.

Comment

I'm more excited about the signing of Don than any other player. He's our Insomnia replacement.

Comment

Even more exciting than Barry?

Comment

Man, remember when every footballer in the world looked like that?

Comment

Blog post on a SAFC website that criticises Capello. Can't say I disagree with much of it.

edit: haha just noticed Barry Dunn.
                    Last edited by prinnysquad; 11-08-2011, 09:44.

Comment

Spurs vs Everton has been postponed. Bugger it At the moment all the other games are still on.

Comment

I wish they'd cancel them all. A staggered start to the season feels totally wrong. It's bad enough that teams are playing Sunday/Monday. The first and last day should always be everyone together, for the sense of occasion.

Comment

Seems Sneider isn't coming to Man U after all. Weird, it seemed pretty much a done deal.

Comment

To me it sounds like one of those deals that was entirely in The Sun's head. United interested! Sneijder says he wants to join United! Fee agreed! Personal terms agreed! In town for a medical!

When in actual fact, United have never even talked to Inter.

Comment

I think the above description could probably be applied to 95% of the transfer deals reported in the newspapers.

I don't bother with any stories these days unless they have official quotes directly from somebody at the club confirming something is going on (and by that I mean a named official, not the fabled anonymous source).

Comment

Norwich appear to be close to signing Daniel Ayala from Liverpool for ?850k according to Paul Lambert in a press conference this morning.
                                Good deal, bad deal?
                                Should I be pleased or quietly sobbing in the corner?

Comment

Working...
                                X