No announcement yet.

Premier League 2011/12 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenal need to sign someone like Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas for a bit of creativity.

Comment

As much as I enjoy seeing things go against Arsenal, what a pussy Barton is, going down like he'd been shot from what was barely a tap on the head. Real hard man.

Comment

Still was a red, doesn't really matter if it was a slap or punch (regardless of what ESPN say). Barton was perhaps lucky not to get a red, Song definately was.

Only interesting thing in the match really. Both sides were poor.

Comment

Oh I agree, raise your hands and you should go. I just have a feeling had someone reacted that way to something Barton had done, we'd have had a holier-than-thou Twitter rant about how "real men" wouldn't dive around like that. And yeah, Song definitely should have gone too.

Comment

Wenger has got a TON of work to do if he wants to qualify for the Champion's League this year, let alone next year. And he's got days to do it in, after an entire summer of ****ing around.

Comment

If the lower teams see that parking the bus will get them a point, they'll all do it. They need a strong Drogba-esque striker who'll force his way through defenders and take on shots.

Today showed that Arsenal are still thinking they can pass the ball into the goal. Gervinho looked quality but... he needs to sort out his attitude fast. It's also no good having someone like him though if he's going to be crossing the ball into an empty box or giving the ball to someone who doesn't want to commit to shooting.

Comment

Still irks me that they have a striker as good as Van Persie taking corners...get him in the bloody box!

Gervhino's diving today, twice I counted...no thanks, aside from that (and the slap) he looked good.

I really hope Song gets a full 3 game ban too. What he does was disgraceful, and the pointing at him after he'd done it, just utterly detestable. No place for that in the game.

I'd be worried if I were a Gooner. They still (imho) need a defender who will just hoof it instead of playing it out of defence, and they need a strong midfielder (Song, but much...much better) as well. Van Persie needs to be told to just swing at it with his right occasionally. If he gets nearly 20 with the way he plays now, he'd get 30 if he occasionally just had a go with his right.
                Last edited by Jebus; 13-08-2011, 20:29.

Comment

Well that was fairly dull.
                  Why oh why can't all the teams play on the first Saturday of the season?
                  Sunderland ftw!

Comment

Speak for yourself! A four-nil win away from home with all our best players either gone or missing? I'm rather happy, especially given the next 3-4 fixtures!

Comment

Yeah that was nice for you guys. Warnock trying to slag off Davies was pretty weak.

Comment

Has Warnock ever been able to cope with the Premiership?

Comment

No I agree. First manager to go IMO.

Comment

well Fulham is a civilised place indeed...
                            still, McLeish Out!

Comment

Just when you think it's all died down, Bolton go and loot Loftus Road!

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                                Same story as last year for Liverpool it seems. Strong first half which they didn't capitalise on to make the lead comfortable. Second half started ok but then Sunderland scored and Liverpool started looked tired and desperate, quick long balls in the hope that someone would be up to receive it.
                                I'm not sure its the same as last year. When Hodgson was in the charge the team would have lost the game. Larsson's finish was superb and the penalty should have been a red card on reflection, he was still favourite to score before being brought down. Its a shame really because Sunderland were restricted to few clear cut chances but thats the game I suppose. Should have been finished by half time.

Comment

Working...
                                X