• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fail of Penalty fail in Egypt

Everyone loves a fail

Man, that was bad.

Comment

Baha very good.

This is up there with the Pires/Henry classic.
      Last edited by Baseley09; 07-09-2011, 12:37.

Comment

Penalty should've actually been retaken. The keeper was well off of his line (which is probably what the player was saying to the ref before he got booked).

Speaking on blunders, De Gea was in action in the under-21's...

Comment

Goalie was eventually off his line due to the silly penalty taker. I thought stuttering your run up was banned now?

Comment

It looked like the attacker was booked for stopping his run up, yes.

Comment

It is banned but incredibly rarely enforced. I dislike it when players do it regardless.

Keeper was a yard off his line before he even did the stutter thing. Still should've been retaken

Comment

You'd be missile'd then if you were the ref.

Comment

Refs are weird when it comes to penalties. So many little things that they sometimes enforce, sometimes forget about, it's very annoying. Although I suppose you can apply that description to most aspects of the way games are refereed, not just penalties!

Rafa van der Vaarts disallowed second penalty against Bolton last season was very annoying. First penalty, players encroach, goal stands. Second penalty, players encroach, penalty has to be retaken.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                    You'd be missile'd then if you were the ref.
                    The rule is the keepers have to stay on the line until the ball was played. Do you not remember the season where they cracked down on it because keepers were taking the piss and there were countless retaken penalties and yellow cards given out? They more linient on it now because you have to take a step off the line to dive but the rule is there.

And yes, Dudek's famous penalty saves were breaking the rules

Comment

Anyone remember that fail from a few years ago where a division 1 player tried to do a cheeky trick and took himself out?

Comment

I remember Ronaldo doing that

Comment

I dislike showboating so it's always amusing when someone fails.

Instances where players showing off fail to realise that trying to humiliate the other side may piss them off a bit are also amusing.

Comment

There was this chap in South American football who kept doing the seal dribble. The opposition *Really* didn't like it...

Comment

Found it.

1:12 David Dunn.

Comment

Working...
                              X