Amplitude Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amplitude Scores

8) well I got this game yesterday, and i was wondering what scores everyone else was getting. I'll post mine up later, but i did get 100% on the Quarashi "baseline" track on Brutal

Insane difficulty...watchout

For all those who have not got this game...why not!

Quarashi: 3482
    P.O.D. vs Crystal Meth: 4344
    Garbage: 3459
    Baldwins: 3196

Comment

P.O.D v TCM - 5066; Garbage - 5896; Quarashi - 4226; Chris Child - 8062; Logan 7 - 6563

RUN-DMC - 6816; Baldwin Brothers - 4166; Weezer - 4692; David Bowie - 6306; Freezepop - 6869

Pink - 5303; Papa Roach - 6242; Mekon ft. Roxanne Shante - 6509; Herbie Hancock - 4060; The Production Club - 3917

DJ HMX ft. Pural - 4341; BT ft. Wildchild - 4112; Manchild - 4362; Slipknot - 2625; Game Boyz - 4703

Blink 182 - 2769; Dieselboy - 3155; Akrobatik v Symbion - 5076; Symbion Project - 4713; Komputer Kontroller - 3643; Cosmonaut Zero - 2907

"Give me your best shot, pal...I can take it."

Comment

You are soooo beaten Mr Red...when the PAL version is released.

Just wait, you'll see...

Comment

Aye, and that goes for y'all with me too! Except I'm not a PAL l4m0r and I've *finally* bought the USA version.

I totally owned the demo of it, from my frequency experience, but I fear that brutal might just be a bit too easy .

Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
            Aye, and that goes for y'all with me too! Except I'm not a PAL l4m0r and I've *finally* bought the USA version.

I totally owned the demo of it, from my frequency experience, but I fear that brutal might just be a bit too easy .
            Oh yes, Brutal is nothing of the kind. Insane, however, will leave you running in fear on the last two stages - in particular, the final track (Cosmonaut Zero's Spastik) has drum patterns that switch between 24 at best and 40 at worst. Not even the slow-mo is much use on the 40pt track...

Is the PAL version out yet? All my scores were from borrowing a friend's copy/NTSC machine for a couple of weeks and I could really do with another fix of that wholesome Amp goodness.
            8)

Comment

I believe it is out on Friday, but it could have been delayed yet again

Comment

Sorry to be off topic but is this game on a par with Rez?

Comment

YES!

It offers a similar 'feeling' of putting you in a complete trance-like status, yet the gameplay is deeper. I think Rez is a sublime experience, but I'm still playing Frequency after all these months, were as I've not touched Rez for ages.

Give the demo a shot, make sure you play it on the harder skill levels mind.

Comment

cheers

Comment

Are these scores Insane difficulty?

If they are then @ Red's scores

It's been a good few months since I touched Amplitude so I can't remember what sort of scores I got, have a feeling I'm way of the pace

Comment

Originally posted by Durham Red

Blink 182- 1811
                        I have seen no one get any higher than this score , its such a hard track!

Comment

Originally posted by Silent T
                          Originally posted by Durham Red

Blink 182- 1811
                          I have seen no one get any higher than this score , its such a hard track!
                          To be honest, it's quite a mediocre score - I really need more practise on the Lv 4 & 5 tracks as I kept replaying the earlier ones instead (esp Garbage, Mekon, Freezepop and Run-DMC). Check my lame Cosmonaut Zero one - the actual current record is...

(you'll love this, chaps)

(promise me not to cry)

something over 11,000.

As for comparisons with Rez, Frequency and Amplitude haven't really much in common with it. All 3 are fabulous games though and are essential purchases in my book.

Comment

Now the PAL version is out, I've been able to improve a few scores - got almost another thousand on Blink 182 (and the sprained fingers to prove it - pesky guitar lines...), Chris Child over 8000 and an really ace Garbage score.

How are the rest of you guys getting on?

Comment

I'm getting on...alright. Didn't like the game much at first, but it has been improving as the difficulty goes up. I'm able to get over 1000 really easily on this, where as on Frequency it was fairly hard (at first), but I'm still struggling with the game. Heck, I'm even finding some of the later tracks on Brutal quite tough (stuck on Manchild atm). Insane is, strangely enough, going ok at the moment.

I see your scores though Red, and notice the likes of POD getting massive scores, yet I don't find that track difficult at all (on any skill) and my scores are pathetic. I know it is all about keeping the combo going, but half the time I have no choice but to lose it due to the track layout. Is there a certain route for each track I should be sticking too?

Oh, and the world with Pink etc on is HORRIBLE. Not only the tunes (Herby Hancock is nice to play too mind), but the way you can't actually see what is coming up next. The start of Pink is an nightmare as it is going over the hill, and the left most drum beat is on a tight bend, which makes it seem like it is going really fast

Love the game, but my hands at blimin nackered today. I really need to hit them shoulder buttons a bit softer (broke the official pad over the weekend, 3rd party one is already breaking on me, all because of this game).

Comment

Working...
                              X