JP PSP imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JP PSP imports?

So, I have every worthy (in my opinion) game out there that got a North American release, and I've pre-ordered everything I want for the future, but what's the status on PSP imports from Japan? I know there's some music games and such, plus the shmup collections, but I have all those shmups for their original consoles (PC Engine etc), except for Darius Burst, which is on my list. So far, without doing any research at all, I've decided to buy Taiko no Tatsujin Portable DX because I really enjoyed the DS releases, and I'm also getting Hatsune Miku - Project Diva Extend when it comes out in November. I'm also definitely buying Ikuze! Gen-San: Yuuyake Daiku Monogatari, Neon Genesis Evangelion: 3nd Impact and Onore no Shinzuru Michi wo Yuke. There's also Tales of VS. that I might be interested in.

Are there any other JP imports you guys would recommend besides the two above? I'm trying to limit the number of rhythm games, specially within the same franchises, or else I would end up with all the Hatsune Miku games.

And no, I can't read any Japanese at all, even though I have nearly 400 Japanese games
    Last edited by Nico87; 15-10-2011, 11:51.

Gradius & Parodius Collections are very good.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard, but I have the Saturn collections plus some of the originals on PC Engine.

Comment

Initial D Street Stage. Best PSP racer!

Comment

Tales of Versus was incredibly meh. Don't bother unless you've played EVER Tales game ever released, and enjoy rather tedious fighters.

Super Robot Taisen Z-2 however, is an awesome game and the first SRW to have Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann in it, thus taking it from "11" to "Chuck Norris" onthe awesome-o-meter.

Comment

Agree with Kryss, Tales of Vs was pretty awful so avoid unless you're a complete diehard Tales fan. I don't have my PSP collection to hand so can't rhyme off a list easily, but there's loads. How about Gachitora for starters? http://www.bordersdown.net/content.p...n-Portable-PSP

Comment

Like I said in the first post, I can't read Japanese, so that rules out SRT Z-2 and Gachitora, unfortunately. Both games look great, and I'm praying for a localization of Gachitora.

Comment

Working...
              X