Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get folks to understand my letters in AC?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get folks to understand my letters in AC?!?!

Right..

I give up...

I've tried writing letters to folks in AC, and every one comes back with a "huh.. I can't understand" type response. It's really annoying me.

I've tried writing things as simple as "Good", but to no avail... any hints/tips/ideas on how to get folks to understand my in AC?

cheers

scott

You can't really. The best you can realistically hope for is a reply that doesn't say "WTF did you say?". Usually something like "Thanks for your letter. I made butterscotch the other day!" or equal inaneness. The letters are a huge let down that makes the gamefaqs message boards look like intelligent conversation

If you must, try writing a couple of simple sentences, bewtween 2 and 4 lines, don't let words wrap lines, make sure you write the animal's name and put your town name somewhere in there too. And stick a bit of fruit in too, that goes down well.

Comment

The letter system sucks loads. For any future installment Nintendo needs to have some keywords/sentences that trigger responses and allow use fo the ASCII Gamecube Keyboard controller.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
        The letter system sucks loads. For any future installment Nintendo needs to have some keywords/sentences that trigger responses and allow use fo the ASCII Gamecube Keyboard controller.
        you see.. that's what I thought it did. I've been trying to write "happy" mails with certain keywords like "great" etc, but, to no avail. I've also shoved some presents in, and they still reply with "wtf?" and not even a thank you... ft:

I've got a huge bunch of e-reader cards that I picked up during a couple of recent trips to the US of Eh? so I'll just get busy scanning those in and getting the goodies from them.

Comment

Your grammer has to be 100% spot on. Capital letters, commas, apostrophies etc.

Hello its rab here. Hope your having a good day. Here is a present, its a chair.
          That is wrong and you will get a strange reply. Should be....

Hello, it's Rab here. I hope your having a good day. Here is a present, it's a chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabasaurus
            Your grammer has to be 100% spot on. Capital letters, commas, apostrophies etc.

Hello its rab here. Hope your having a good day. Here is a present, its a chair.
            That is wrong and you will get a strange reply. Should be....

Hello, it's Rab here. I hope your having a good day. Here is a present, it's a chair.
            Hmmm... must admit, I've never bothered about grammer, didn't think it'd be important.

So... is it worthwhile trying out, do they get back to you in a meaningful way, perhaps sending presents or something?

Comment

I wrote a letter saying -

"Hello this is shark. The weather is lovely. I hope we can be friends. I have enclosed a present. Love from Shark"

and got the WTF response.

I have put similar to -

"Hello Jane. I love you. Let us be friends. Here is a present. Lots of love, shark"

and got a present back in reply.

Its a weird system.

Comment

So... is it worthwhile trying out, do they get back to you in a meaningful way, perhaps sending presents or something?
                They sometimes send back presents but they never say anything meaninful other than "Thanks for writing me!". Sometimes when you talk to them around the town they will thank you and show you a copy of the letter mumbling something about "I will treasure this always".

Letter writing in AC just sucks though. I don't even bother writing anything on letters to the museum - Just attach the fossil.

Try sending a gift to a villager (Clothing is good) and no text. Sometimes they send something back.

Comment

Why is this game rated so highly? Sounds pish to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
                    oh dear...

letter writing is just a small part of the game. you need to play it to understand it... hence the reason that it wasn't released in the UK. Too many folks would hear about it, look at the graphics and just assume, as you do, that it's pish.

It's not.

Comment

This game is touted as a communication game by Nintendo yet the letter system as far as I can tell show it to be very flawed. I just see a barely improved N64 port with very little in the way of gameplay that seems to be full to the brim of cynical Nintendo cash-ins (e-readers, GBA linkups etc).

Comment

Its surprisingly not so bad.

It isn't really a skill based game and the letter system sucks.

Its a very laid back game that provides some interesting things to do. Seems the most popular feature is the collecting. There are collections of everything - Insects, Furniture, Fish, NES games, Fossils, Paintings - Everything.

The actual day to day communication with the animals is quite good (although the odd few lines are resused a lot). The annual events range from crap to fun. The online password trading system has created a great community feel.

Its not for everyone, but it has a lot of nice ideas that if built upon could make a classic game for EVERYONE. For now its a good game for some.

Comment

This game is touted as a communication game by Nintendo yet the letter system as far as I can tell show it to be very flawed. I just see a barely improved N64 port with very little in the way of gameplay that seems to be full to the brim of cynical Nintendo cash-ins (e-readers, GBA linkups etc).
                          The "communication" is more with other players, not the game characters. So there's trading of items etc over the web.

Comment

Originally posted by scottcr
                            The "communication" is more with other players, not the game characters. So there's trading of items etc over the web.
                            Innovative![/sarcasm]

Thanks SA, I think i'll pass though.

Comment

Thanks SA, I think i'll pass though.
                              Personally I think they should scrap Animal Crossing 2 and Super Smash Bros 3 and join the 2.

Super Smash Bros Dojo. You bring your favourite Nintendo character up in a village. Collect items, train your fighter, then there are scheduled events with themed fights - As well as your usual SSBM fighting options. Trade newly acquired weapons and trophies over the web. The only Poke Balls available to you in battle are ones you've earnt or found.

Comment

Working...
                              X