Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonton Zola Moukoko

Anyone remember him?

If you played Championship Manager at the turn of the century, chances are you signed him.

An absolute goal machine, who would sign for you even if you weren't in the Premiership, and didn't need a work permit. Pity his real life career was so poor, comparatively.

Moukoko achieved fame through his depiction in Championship Manager, a computer game developed by Sports Interactive.[1][13] He is frequently telephoned by fans of the game,[14] who have also set up dedicated Facebook groups

I do vaguely remember him.

Festus Agu was often my obscure African signing.

He always did a job for me and his real life record is also pretty poor.

Comment

Freddy Adu was an absolute beast in one iteration of the game - though not obscure, as he was being touted as USAs next big thing - he never did owt either.

Comment

Slightly less obscure was Alessio Cerci, he could become a goal machine. In real life he is fairly mediocre.

Comment

This is possibly one of the best threads of all time.

I still play 2000/01 as my champman game of choice, never been bettered imo.

Saw a goalie in it recently some years called Emilio Estevez.

I have broken this game, I think i got to 81 or so years in, goalkeepers had stopped retiring and were left with all 1's in their 60's apart from Decision making etc, then it just spacked at and stopped working eventually.

Comment

Discussing it elsewhere, I was reminded of another early CM legend.

Tommy Svindal Larsen.

Could play anywhere, D/M/F/L/C/R. Had awesome stats too.

Comment

Nothing has EVER bettered CM 01/02, imo (I still have my copy - patches and updates are STILL being made for it, a decade on!)

Tonton Zola Moukoko
              Kim Kallstrom
              Abder Ramdane
              Rudy Haddad
              Jos? David Cabello
              Leandro Cufr?
              Mark Kerr
              T? Madeira

The list is endless!

Comment

I have played this game so much that I'm sure I overthink it, like psychological warfare with myself over players feelings and tactics.

Something I struggle with these days or as the game progresses is centre halves who consistently play well, it seems extremely well stated defenders who have a few bad seasons in a row never rediscover form.

Comment

Pablo Calandria was the man, signed him up for Man Utd for 1 or 2 million in 1999/2000 from Marseile was amazing!

Seems like in real life he was a bit ****e. But he'd get me 40+ goals a season, same in assists and his value would be 30+ million which in those days was a lot!

Him, Batistuta & Totti in my team the world didn't stand a chance!

Comment

Scout admits he messed up the stats for Tommy Svindal Larsen

Comment

Working...
                    X