Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JAP GC SC2 Save problem

Hi all,

I hope you are well. I received my JAP Cube Soul Calibur 2 today but have a quick Q. concerning Saving...

I cant seem to be able to save. My card is the same as the one i have saved my Jap Zelda, so surely it should have been formatted then. Every time i go to save (and at the very start before intro) a message comes up, the only english i can see is "start." After pressing start another message comes up where u can select two things, the one on the left makes you go back to the previous screen, while the one on the right is like a cancel button.

How many blokes of memory does it take up? Do i need to make more space on my card? Do i need to re-format again? If so how? But why should i need to if when i saved Zelda, it must have formatted then??

Anyhoo, all help is overly welcome, there is no point getting all the collectables if i cant save. lol

Take care
    Adam
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

is soul caliber any good on the cube are u still int in selling or trading
    die hard vendetta let me know what u are after in trades thx

Comment

adam, where did u order from and how much did it cast you?

cheers
      fragmast3r

Comment

From risingsun (the site is down atm) and for ?44.99 inc PP

If someone is having the same problem, or knows how to sort it, please help me out, i really need to save. Thanks in advance

Kind regards
        Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
          From risingsun (the site is down atm) and for ?44.99 inc PP

If someone is having the same problem, or knows how to sort it, please help me out, i really need to save. Thanks in advance

Kind regards
          Adam
          Sorry I can't be more help, but this isn't the first incidence of this. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read about it (or whether it was the GC version specifically) but it was definately someone playing it on a machine that differed regionwise from the game.

If I remember where I saw it, I'll let you know.

Comment

I gather you're using Freeloader (yes?). Well, there are memory card issues with certain JAP GameCube games via Freeloader, and it look's like Soul Calibur's one of them. However, re-format the card and see if it saves then, otherwise I have no idea. Sorry.

Comment

What i am finding strange is that both US and JAP games have been saved on my card... And both work. Should i erase all the US game saves? They are not important, simply back-ups, so i suppose it is worth a try. If that fails.... how do i re-format?

Thanks agian peeps. Take care
              Adam

Comment

Comment

This one had me puzzled for a minute when I booted the game up before bringing it to the meet. Press Y on the screen you talk about at the start on bootup (it's hidden in the Jap text, but the letter "Y" is mentioned heh) will allow you to then create a save game file on the memory card!

If it still doesn't, then follow the text in the Gamefaqs link... but trust me, it does work cos for the most part my memory card was in the GC you were playing the game on

And for the record, it takes up 4 blocks...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I didn't have any probems with mine....I'm using an unofficial 251 memory card which currently has just my Zelda WW and master quest save on. I just pressed start then selected the left option and it went on from there. Wether or not im saving i don't kinow but I can save in weapon master mode so I'll have to see. Anyway time to go play again

Comment

Pressing Start and selecting the left option takes you to the game without saving a file on the card to begin with. Because I did this initially, got to the title screen, reset and checked to make sure a file had been created. It hadn't. When I tried again and pressed Y, bingo I got one. Maybe a file was created when you tried saving in WM mode...?
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thanks for your help Mayham. You are right, it has been sorted now, thank you. The funny thing is, a number of times i pressed Y but thought it only came up with the same page as when you press Start, so always pressed B to go back. lol. Nevermind.

Many thanks again. Now its time to start getting new modes!

Comment

hehehehe ok I wasn't saving i am now tho thanks for the help Mayhem

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                            Thanks for your help Mayham. You are right, it has been sorted now, thank you. The funny thing is, a number of times i pressed Y but thought it only came up with the same page as when you press Start, so always pressed B to go back. lol. Nevermind.

Many thanks again. Now its time to start getting new modes!
                            OK.

I am a bit confused....

I have a US cube.
                            I am using Freeloader.
                            I have a US memory card (Spare) which needs formatting.

Will pressing Y allow me to format too?

Comment

Working...
                            X