Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantasy Star Online

So who's playing then?

Is there an official NTSC meeting server?

If anyone fancies a game you can find me online most evenings.
    Characters:
    Lieve - Hucaseal and
    Subgirl - Ramarl

Also my bf has characters:
    Marvel - Fomar
    Purgalon - Racast
    Marvelon - Humar

I'm playing offline atm to build up my character. Also not having a modem stuck in the bottom of my Gamecube makes it pretty tricky.

Comment

i would play but cant find a us version of the game (cube is us i have )

Comment

Wod - US versions are hard to come by, but I bought mine from fiocco on EBay for ?39.99.

Might be worth dropping him a line see if he's got stock of it.

Comment

ah forgot about ebay thanks

Comment

i need this game!!!!! i loved the dreamcast version so much!! but with capcom vs snk for xbox out as well.... ahh just cant deside! Need a pay rise!

Comment

Can't you play the UK version on a US Cube using the Freeloader?

Comment

Nah mate, you can't use the PAL version on a US machine using Freeloader. It doesn't work.

Comment

Ive seen a few posts saying uk PSO on a us cube doesnt work via freeloader, odd mine works fine. Ive a freeloader V6 and my cube is outputting via a modded rgb scart, that might be the right combo.

Comment

the game works on a us cube offline. the problem is that you cant go online with it on a us cube for some reason

Comment

Can you save more than one character on one memory card?

Comment

Yes four characters to each memory card.

Comment

What block is everybody playing on? Most Edge forumites (myself included) can be found on Arcturus 9.

Comment

Originally posted by mook
                            What block is everybody playing on? Most Edge forumites (myself included) can be found on Arcturus 9.
                            I'm still there, everyone I've met there and played with have been great, so thats where I'll be found most nights.

I can also recommend the guys from PSOLife.com for a good game - they hang out at Regulus 5, and I occasionally go to that ship/block.

Comment

For what it's worth I'm really enjoying the GC iteration of PSO, the principle reason being it's safe to host open games again. It just feels so much more spontaneous when anyone can jump in to a game. PSO on the DC was a revelation, but by the end of the console's life Ragol was a nasty, paranoid and unforgiving place; hosting an open game was tantamount to asking to be mugged. In this respect I think the GC version is a bit a closer to Yuji Naka's original vision.

I've not been over to Regulus 5; will have to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X