PDA

View Full Version : New kits 2012/13

hudson
11-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Big changes on Merseyside with both Liverpool and Everton changing kit makers. Liverpool are first up with their new Warrior (Owned by New Balance) kit. Everton have Nike next season.

I think Liverpool's new home kit is ace.

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/gerrard4_4f966fde9518f892355605.jpg

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/suarez1_4f9670184eb20693974566.jpg

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/reina2_4f966ffdd7372540516735.jpg

Kieran76
11-05-2012, 06:42 AM
That home shirt is nice, although to my admittedly slightly colour blind eyes that red is very dark, more like Crimson.

The Wednesday will be getting new home and away shirts this year as the club want to hurry up and end the deal with Puma as they say it isn't good enough. Shame really as I love our current Puma home shirt.

mr_sockochris
11-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Very nice!

EJG1980
11-05-2012, 09:28 AM
That Liverpool home shirt is great. That's just how how I like my kits: plain and simple, no messing about.

Spurs are getting a new manufacturer too, ditching Puma to go to Under Armour. Will be interesting to see what they come up with as I loved our home kit this season so I hope they don't go too outlandish and different to try and make an impression.

nakamura
11-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Not keen on the LFC kit. Nice simple and effective design but the colour is just too dark for me, much like the 100 years of Arsenal kit was a few years ago. I will have to see it in real life first.

The new Arsenal kit is horrid this year too.

speedlolita
11-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Why is everything going down the "vintage" route? :p

mr_sockochris
11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Not keen on the LFC kit. Nice simple and effective design but the colour is just too dark for me, much like the 100 years of Arsenal kit was a few years ago. I will have to see it in real life first.

The new Arsenal kit is horrid this year too.

Its not as dark as those photos suggest actually but pretty much the same shade of red as normal judging by the stock photos on the store.

http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/Assets/Liverpool/Client/products/W/S/T/WSTM200_z.jpg

hudson
11-05-2012, 09:46 PM
The new Arsenal kit looks like they have old school sports sweat socks on their arms.

This is nice though...

http://www.primosoccerjerseys.com/product_images/uploaded_images/manchester-united-soccer-jersey-kit-home-red-2012-13-primo-1.png

Kieran76
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
What do Liverpool fans make of badge changes? To be honest I never even knew about the Justice flames in the recent shirts.

Adrock
12-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Storm in a tea cup

hudson
12-05-2012, 06:41 AM
I love the way the badge has gone back to its roots. I also think the isolated 96 and flames on the back are a nice gesture.

Kubrick
23-05-2012, 07:53 AM
FC Barcelona 2012/13

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gw2jooWOE-Q/T01TDIHkKEI/AAAAAAAAELs/vZ1MAovy0zQ/s1600/barca+kit+2012+2013+shirt+equipacion+barca+fcbarce lona+barcelona+barca+blog+barcablog+shop+online+st ore+shirt+keyring+barca+barca+kit+2012+2013+shirt+ equipacion+barca+fcbarcelona+barcelona+barca+blog+ barcablog.png

The lack of stripes might upset some purists, but I'm liking that new home kit. Its certainly miles better than the current one.

NW2013
23-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Why have they chosen a global hypercolour t-shirt as their away kit? Home kit is gash as well.

prinnysquad
23-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Agreed. It's a turd of a kit.

mr_sockochris
23-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Looks like one of those knock off footie shirts you see on holiday in Greece :dry:

NoelEdwards
24-05-2012, 07:09 AM
I think this is the inspiration for the Barcelona away kit :- http://www.mattsandbrook.co.uk/pictures/icelolly.jpg

sj33
25-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Even 9gag is having a dig.

http://9gag.com/gag/4266339

hudson
04-06-2012, 06:19 AM
New Liverpool away (swimming) kit.

I like it, but I have doubts whether that would look good on anyone packing a bit of weight.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m52fkxEKEc1rucppno1_500.jpg

EJG1980
06-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Seems as though Cardiff City are going to have a very new kit, they're changing the club colours to red (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7797281/Bluebirds-go-red)!

Doesn't exactly fit with the bluebirds nickname... the things club owners will do these days in pursuit of money. Apparently one of the reasons they've done it because red is a more popular colour in Asia, but surely even a complete re-branding isn't going to make that much of a difference to their commercial income? Success on the pitch is what will make the difference, not the shirt colour.

Team Andromeda
06-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Success on the pitch is what will make the difference, not the shirt colour.

There hasn't been any for decades that's been the trouble, still rung up debts over a million a month . Asia is growing market for football , anything that can bring in extra money, grow your fan base is good in these economic times . Too much is made of a nickname and a Teams colour . Most teams change their colours through out the years and Cardiff biggest ever success (winning the FA ) There wasn't a Bluebird on the crest , but a Welsh Red Dragon for a bit of irony

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=3758

Still be Cardiff City, still play in the Capital only now in RED and with 'hopefully' some major investment

sj33
06-06-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm not convinced changing the shirt colour to red is going to result in a load of Cardiff City fans in Asia. If so, where are the Asian Bristol City fans?

If Cardiff City really want an Asian fanbase, they need to sign an Asian player. That really does work wonders.

Team Andromeda
06-06-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm not convinced changing the shirt colour to red is going to result in a load of Cardiff City fans in Asia. If so, where are the Asian Bristol City fans?

Do Bristol City have has their owner, one of the richest men in Asia backing them and sure the major interest would come from betting and if the Club makes into the Premiership, but when you have the likes of Vincent Tan ready to splash some cash its going to generate some interest in the homeland

If Cardiff City really want an Asian fanbase, they need to sign an Asian player.

If they're not good enough it's utterly pointless and most of the better Asian players won't move to a Club like Cardiff unless you get in the Premiership. The Club have already set up links with regard scotting the best of Young talent, I believe the likes of Scot Young have been back and for Malaysia looking for young talent and Cardiff looking to set up Football schools there.

I think its long term Project if Cardiff make into the Prem then the Club is primed to get a nice following in Asia . I look at what's happing with Rangers and Pompy and really happy we have a Chairman that's investing and playing in Red is a small price to pay for that investment

EJG1980
06-06-2012, 11:20 AM
I guess when you're a fan of a club that's in a healthy financial position it's much easier to say "Oh, I'd never support any change to our traditions," but if the future of the club is on the line then it does become a different prospect. I take it that if the guy in charge didn't put the investment in you'd be looking at administration, etc?

sj33
06-06-2012, 11:48 AM
For the record, I wasn't suggesting that Cardiff City could actually sign an Asian player. I was simply pointing out that this is a more surefire way of gaining an Asian fanbase. You can have the richest Asian owner on the planet throwing money at the club. You can even change your shirt to red. But without being a major team, it's going to take more than that to give people in Asia a reason to care.

Team Andromeda
06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
I take it that if the guy in charge didn't put the investment in you'd be looking at administration, etc

The Club has historical debits of over ?30 Million and running at a loss of over ?1 Million each month now . If VT pulled out the Club would be in a mess and in Admin for sure

But without being a major team, it's going to take more than that to give people in Asia a reason to care.

I think that's why VT has said he spend ?100 million on the Club with new Players , our own Training ground, improvement to the Stadium to try and get the team into the Premiership and make it fit for the Premiership and if he's able to sell a few more shirts in Asia while he's at it , so much the better .Maybe get a small cult following ready to build on too, should the unthinkable happen .

What ever , I'm sort of happy that VT is looking like he was to put his backing into the Club with his own money

nakamura
06-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Nice to hear sensible thoughts on the whole Cardiff thing TA.

EJG1980
06-06-2012, 05:29 PM
The Club has historical debits of over ?30 Million and running at a loss of over ?1 Million each month now . If VT pulled out the Club would be in a mess and in Admin for sure.
That definitely puts a different complexion on it, I didn't realise Cardiff's finances were in that much of a state.

I admit that (without knowing the full facts on Cardiff's finances) my initial reaction was one of "How can they do it? Modern football, bah!" but when it comes down to a choice of change the shirt and the club goes on, or, keep the shirt the same and the club might very well cease to exist at all...

I think most fans would want to do whatever it took to make sure their club survived. I can't imagine not going to see Spurs each week, so I think I'd accept a change in shirt colour if it stopped the club going bankrupt etc..

Team Andromeda
06-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Nice to hear sensible thoughts on the whole Cardiff thing TA.

I don't see how any so called fan could turn their back on ?100 million planned investment for their Club when your Club happens to be in debt up to its eye balls and running at a loss of over ?12 million a year (even with 17,000 + season ticket holders) . The Club not moving , its not changing its name and it's only a Colour at the end the day. When I see what happened to Rangers and Pompy I'm quite happy we have a chairman that's ready to invest and push the Club forward I.f it all goes ass over tit , we'll be in the same mess to what would happen if VT pulled out now and the fans can buy back the Club and get the Colour back

I rather give a go play in RED and to have a Club to watch each week that's playing near the top flight of English football (maybe one day in it ) and with its debts gone .We've noting to lose and maybe quite bit to gain

Mr Ono
06-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Interesting that both Liverpool and Aston Villa have gone with relatively unknown shirt makers. Never heard of "Warrior" and Villa are going with "Macron".

At least it gives more variety to the Adidas/Nike dominated leagues.

Stoppy2000
06-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Interesting that both Liverpool and Aston Villa have gone with relatively unknown shirt makers. Never heard of "Warrior" and Villa are going with "Macron".

Spurs are also going with Under Armour so that's another unique kit.

EJG1980
06-06-2012, 06:50 PM

Spurs are also going with Under Armour so that's another unique kit.
Macron do a few clubs, pretty sure West Ham's kit is made by Macron too. Spurs and Liverpool are definitely the only teams (in England at least) to use their new suppliers though.

nakamura
06-06-2012, 07:00 PM
I don't see how any so called fan could turn their back on ?100 million planned investment for their Club when your Club happens to be in debt up to its eye balls and running at a loss of over ?12 million a year (even with 17,000 + season ticket holders) . The Club not moving , its not changing its name and it's only a Colour at the end the day. When I see what happened to Rangers and Pompy I'm quite happy we have a chairman that's ready to invest and push the Club forward I.f it all goes ass over tit , we'll be in the same mess to what would happen if VT pulled out now and the fans can buy back the Club and get the Colour back

I rather give a go play in RED and to have a Club to watch each week that's playing near the top flight of English football (maybe one day in it ) and with its debts gone .We've noting to lose and maybe quite bit to gain

I agree. You get all these muppets texting in to Sky though saying that they would rather play in the conference as the blue Cardiff than in the PL with a red team.

Yeah, because I can see them standing in the pissing rain watching a bunch of no hopers play Farnborough on a monday night!

Team Andromeda
06-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I agree. You get all these muppets texting in to Sky though saying that they would rather play in the conference as the blue Cardiff than in the PL with a red team.

Yeah, because I can see them standing in the pissing rain watching a bunch of no hopers play Farnborough on a monday night!

I've honestly watched Cardiff in the old Division 4 and yes where it pissed down and I never want to go back to those days at all . You know this, it's always the plastic fans that made the most noise and are always the most vocal , yet don't really represent the vast Majority of the paying fans . 90% of Cardiff fans won't give a flying hoot about the team playing in RED if we become an established Prem side and millions and millions is spent on the Club.

Si Man 87
29-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Hey.

Does anyone know the official rules in the premier league for kits? I ask as teams who wear stripes are only wearing them on the front of their shirts with them being plain on the back now for some reason.
Just wondered if it was due to an official rule or not?

bash
30-06-2012, 09:46 AM
I really want the Olypique Lyonnais new 3d kit, I think it looks wicked. Not too fuss on the whole 3d thing, obviously its a gimmick but the colour scheme in general is top notch IMHO.

Geoff D
30-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Here's the new Saints kit. Still can't decide if I like it or not - just makes me think of Liverpool at the moment. The new away kit is the colours reversed. Oh well, never mind, good to be back in the top flight again.

http://i.imgur.com/GKF4n.jpg

hudson
05-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Liverpool's new third kit. The colours are "nightshade", orange and white. Inspired by a goalie shirt David James wore in Liverpool's 94-95 season apparently.

http://assets3.lfcimages.com/uploads/suarez500.jpg

Supergoal
05-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm liking the black away Liverpool kit. Saw it in the store shop on display and looks tidy.

EJG1980
12-07-2012, 01:43 PM
New Spurs home and away kits from Under Armour. I was worried they might get a bit "creative" to try and make an impression with their first kits for us, glad to see that's not the case. They get my thumbs up.

Not sure about some of the poses though! Carlo looks like he's subtly challenging someone to a fight, Brad looks a bit demonic, and I'm not really sure what Scott Parker is trying to do :)

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/humanenergy/ntsc-uk/spurs-home-away-gk-2012.jpg

hudson
12-07-2012, 01:51 PM
The collar is a bit 70's, but other than that it looks nice. Looks like a Spurs kit.

They all look like they're posing for a fighting game. Except for Assou-Ekotto and Friedel, who look like they're posing for Breaking Bad DVD cover.

Under Armour, Warrior... these newcomers have come for a real kick-off haven't they?

ETC
12-07-2012, 01:58 PM
The collar is a bit 70's, but other than that it looks nice. Looks like a Spurs kit.

They all look like they're posing for a fighting game. Except for Assou-Ekotto and Friedel, who look like they're posing for Breaking Bad DVD cover.

Under Armour, Warrior... these newcomers have come for a real kick-off haven't they?

They are not really newcomers though I know for Warrior's case they are just New Balance
in a different name (subsidiary)

hudson
12-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I meant newcomers to making Premier League kits. Duh! ;)

Baseley09
12-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Who is the guy between Dawson & Cudicini? Livermore or Caulker I guess?

EJG1980
12-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Yup, Jake Livermore.

nakamura
12-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Brad Friedel looks like a Timesplitters character.

parkinho
12-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Here's the new Saints kit. Still can't decide if I like it or not - just makes me think of Liverpool at the moment. The new away kit is the colours reversed. Oh well, never mind, good to be back in the top flight again.

http://i.imgur.com/GKF4n.jpg

Seeing Jay Rod in another team's colours feels wrong :(

Hope he does well for your lot, he's got the ability and temperament to become at great success at Premier League level.

EJG1980
12-07-2012, 11:12 PM
The grey in the kit is a bit more obvious in this pic:

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/humanenergy/ntsc-uk/spurs-home-2012.jpg

I think I'll hold off buying one for now. Gotta buy tickets for the West Brom match on Monday! The new season doesn't half come around quickly.

Sergeant Syphillis
20-07-2012, 06:27 PM
http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Man-United-Away-Kit-3.png

Loving this away kit so much better than the home one!!

losersclub
22-07-2012, 01:13 AM
our new kit (Leeds) is a bag of arse