Being a cheapskate and all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a cheapskate and all...

I love the Dreamcast as much as the next man, so you can imagine what a great time it is at present to pick up dirt-cheap DC stuff. I know plenty of people who want to flog stuff, and I have managed to pick up some incredible bargains recently. So, when I was offered the following, I was very tempted, but just wanted to confer with 'experts' on the subject first:

Phantasy Star Online, Crazy Taxi 2, Soul Calibur, Jet Set Radio, and a controller for ?20. Good deal? In my opinion, brilliant.

So, has anybody else had some incredible deals bordering on theft? Go on, name them...

Liksang are selling DC Japanese software dirt cheap

Soul Calibur for 6 quid
    Space Channel 5 for 6 quid
    Power Smash for 6 quid
    Sakura Wars online for 10 quid
    De La Jet Set Radio for 17 quid

camps

Comment

The going rate back on the Edge forum for a second-hand PAL Soul Calibur was around ?15, so yes thats a bargain, obviously.

Comment

hey mid....nice to see loadsa people from Edge here...after it closed .......we pray for Edge:

Comment

Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
          hey mid....nice to see loadsa people from Edge here...after it closed .......we pray for Edge:
          It will return one day!

cheers for the info on lik-sang!

Comment

You can get the special 10th anniversary edition of Sonic Adventure 2 for DC from Lik Sang for about 6 quid or so... they are slightly water damaged (it doesn't mention that, but they are) but for that amount you cant say no, perfect for Sega, Sonic and/or DC fans.

Comment

Are you crazy?
              It costs 3.50 to download a ****e game for your phone!

Thats a superb price for a superb machine. If you've got the extra cash and want pure arcade action, it stomps a NeoGeo to pieces.

Other recommend Games...

Ikaruga (Nuf said!)
              Gigawing 1+2 (some people prefer 1, i prefer 2) (2D arcade shooter)
              Mars Matrix (2D Hardcore shooter, as this site notes)
              Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (cheaper then Ps2 version)
              Project Justice - Rival Schools 2 (excellent 3d fighter, better then SF EX+A - all versions, and on par with Tekken/VF4)
              Tech Romancer (3d robot fighter)
              Sonic Adventure 2 (3D action adventure - very good)
              SNK Vs Capcom (2d fighter)
              Rez
              Headhunter (action adventure)
              Virutal Tennis 2
              Powerstone 2 (decent multiplayer fighter)
              Ferrari F355 challenge (*Hardcore* racer)
              Bagai 'O (decent 2D shooter)
              Daytona 2001
              San Fran Rush 2049 (subject to opinion - if you like racers a bit different)
              Zero Gunner 2
              Yu Suzuki Gameworks 1 (Outrun - best un/emulated computer version, POWERDRIFT - the best version! - Afterburner, Afterburner 2, Super hang on) - quite hard to obtain cheap.
              Out trigger (decent arcade conversion)
              Spawn - nice 3D shooter, similar to Out trigger.
              Sports Jam (multi sport arcade game, good, coz its cheap and a cool Multiplayer game
              Densha De Go 2 (3000) - (Train driving) IF you can get this, its good fun but somewhat bettered by the Rare Ps1 versions.

Many of these games were not released here, but as the DC don't require a Mod, import away.
              Its an arcade in your home. Simple.
              Read the main page of this site for some bloody decent reviews too.

Comment

Working...
              X