PDA

View Full Version : The Football League Thread

Kieran76
17-08-2012, 04:28 PM
New season, new thread for all us fans of teams in the lower reaches of the football pyramid. How do you think your team will do?

My team The Wednesday

Well after a great promotion run in we managed to get out of league 1 at the second attempt. Dave Jones seems to know exactly what he wants and is quite likeable in a grumpy old man way. For the first time in years we have real money to spend and I was delighted that we mangaged to sign Antonio from Reading for anywhere between 700k and 1.2 million. We are still on the look out for another striker and a central defender. Some fans are getting carried away and talk about us doing a Southampton, but for me that is dream land as Southampton were a massively better side than us when they came up and I think this will be one of the strongest Championships ever. I would be delighted with a top 10 finish. I went to the league cup match at Oldham the other and our first half display was one of the worst I have seen in years and we went in 2-0 down. Jones must have given them a right roasting as we were a different side in the second half and ended up comfortably winning 4-2.

parkinho
18-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Great win for Burnley today, totally controlled the game against Bolton. A great start to the season with a comfortable 2-0 victory, Shackell was a rock at CB and gave the team much needed leadership and organisation that has been missing for a couple of seasons. Mills had a superb debut at LB, Marney and McCann controlled the midfield, with Paterson and Austin each getting a goal apiece.

Your 30 pieces of silver couldn't buy you a result today, could it Judas?

Team Andromeda
22-08-2012, 03:28 PM
When to Brighton to see Cardiff away and I have to say that It's one of the most impressive stadiums and most professional outfits I've ever seen in the football league . The fans are credit to the team, the stadium utterly terrific (even padded seats for the away fans) and where the home fans and public announcer give credit too and clap the away support.

Just a shame it was a mid week game and the stadium is a bit of pain to get too

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8299/7838655460_c53919cf14_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7275/7838653740_3e03e66931_c.jpg

Kieran76
29-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Great photos there, I was looking forward to going to Brighton in a week or so to see The Wednesday but they moved the game to Friday night because of the uni freshers fair or something like that and now I can't go. Off to Crystal Palace at the weekend though, and after tonights victory gainst Fulham I can see us getting all three points.

Kieran76
02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Made the cardinal sin of putting money on your own football team this weekend. We lost to Palace, it takes forever to get there and I always find it strange in south London.

Team Andromeda
05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I quite like Palace myself - Police are moslty ok and there's a nice selections of pubs before you get to the ground . I went to Bristol City the other week for my sins and that's a complete ****hole

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8446/7936173094_93db02e99c_c.jpg

I must say the Championship is going to be insanely close this season imo

vanpeebles
05-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Get up to Boro and have a parmo :D

Team Andromeda
06-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Get up to Boro and have a parmo :D

Sorry mate . Not only is boro a nightmare to get too, when you're there there's next to nothing to do or any Pubs to visit :P

Kit
06-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Lovely pictures, TA!

Not been the best start for Posh. If they keep this up they'll be playing league 1 football again!

prinnysquad
06-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Sorry mate . Not only is boro a nightmare to get too, when you're there there's next to nothing to do or any Pubs to visit :P

Furthermore, if you spend the whole day there without wearing a biohazard suit, you can end up looking like the bloke in Robocop who ploughs his van into the vat of toxic waste.

Kit
16-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Things going from bad to worse for Posh. From 1-2 up to getting smashed 5-2. Looking increasingly likely they'll be playing League 1 football next season.

parkinho
09-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Coyle given the boot from Bolton, what a shame :rolleyes:

MarioMark
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
When to Brighton to see Cardiff away and I have to say that It's one of the most impressive stadiums and most professional outfits I've ever seen in the football league . The fans are credit to the team, the stadium utterly terrific (even padded seats for the away fans) and where the home fans and public announcer give credit too and clap the away support.

Just a shame it was a mid week game and the stadium is a bit of pain to get too

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8299/7838655460_c53919cf14_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7275/7838653740_3e03e66931_c.jpg

I went to see Forest away at Brighton last season and yeah it is a great away game to go to. They make you feel quite welcome (apart from having to park 2 miles away and catch a park and ride bus)

Last season the away fans sat behind one of the goal ends and when you enter the away stand inside the stadium before you take your seat they have lights up in your teams colours with picture of players displayed on the wall. Also they sell your local ale to make you feel at home.

Would go again if it wasn't so far.

I love going to away games, they're the best fans. I'll be going to Hillsborough this season if I can get up.

fatbatch
19-10-2012, 09:05 PM
What is Warnock doing criticising Kirkland for going down too easily? The poor guy was hit when he wasn't expecting to be.

Nu-Eclipse
20-10-2012, 01:14 AM
What is Warnock doing criticising Kirkland for going down too easily? The poor guy was hit when he wasn't expecting to be.

Warlock is a Charlie Uniform November Tango of the highest order. His comments about Kirkland prove it.

The Leeds fan responsible needs to be life-banned from Football grounds in this country and jailed.

vanpeebles
20-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Leeds should be banned for a season from football, also why did they go over at the end and clap the fans. Loads of them were trying to kick off.

sj33
20-10-2012, 08:03 AM
It seems the culprit's Facebook account has already spread over the internet like wildfire, complete with full access to the Facebook wall (with friend's comments ribbing him for what he did), and even his address and phone number for a short time, so it should be pretty easy for the police to track him down...

Also, he is a known hooligan... http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Football-fan-says-m-hooligan-ban-breach/story-13251413-detail/story.html

Kieran76
20-10-2012, 08:12 AM
They ripped up seats, chanted stuff about Dave Jones and were vile. Mate at the match said some stupid Wednesday fans responded with stuff about Leeds and Turkey. Not a good night, but the attack on Kirkland started it. Jones is fuming with Warnock.

AlonzoUK
20-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Leeds should be banned for a season from football, also why did they go over at the end and clap the fans. Loads of them were trying to kick off.

What would this achieve though? You are generalising all Leeds fans, including myself, as mindless thugs when you would actually find the vast majority are as disgusted by this morons actions as everybody else. The guy committed an assault on the player - let the courts decide what to do with him.

In regards to the some of the chanting at the game - this is an issue throughout the English game that needs stamping out. There is no excuse for it.

vanpeebles
20-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Come off it, every time Leeds are an away side there is always trouble. Before the game going to the match and afterwards, we can't point fingers at Serbia when we can't even get our own leagues in order.

parkinho
20-10-2012, 09:35 AM
There's not many times I hear opposite sets of fans singing in unison at a football match, but you can guarantee that a rendition of 'we all hate Leeds scum' gets everyone going.

sj33
01-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Just throwing this out here - we really don't realise how high quality our 'lower' leagues are. I sat down with a Japanese friend of mine who is into football and well versed in the foreign leagues. He was genuinely interested in the Football League, but had little to no exposure. I watched the Football League Show with him and it BLEW HIM AWAY. And y'know, I watch JLeague on TV every weekend, and it's complete boring turd. We don't know how lucky we are.

parkinho
06-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Charlie scores again for the Clarets, cracking start for Dyche. We all hate Leeds scum!

parkinho
27-12-2012, 12:29 PM
A nice and easy 2 - 0 win for Burnley over a poor Derby County yesterday. We cruised to victory without ever needing to get out of 2nd gear.

In yet more amusing news, Berg has been given the sack by the chicken farmers. He lasted 57 days and kept up the good work that was started by Agent Kean, taking Venky's FC closer to their rightful place in the footballing pyramid.

Kieran76
27-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Got to feel sorry for O'Driscoll at Forest. A 4-2 victory over Leeds United followed by the sack.

Three wins on the spin for The Wednesday now, just a shame all the other clubs at the foot of the table keep winning.

parkinho
27-12-2012, 08:12 PM
And Forest have just announced Alex McCleish as his replacement! A couple of the lads who play for our Sunday league team were saying just a few days ago how refreshing the O'Driscoll brand of football was after having to endure Steve Cotterill for most of last season, can't see them being too happy with this news!

MarioMark
27-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Shocking decision after a good Leeds result. I can't be arsed with football anymore. :(

BaronSqwelch
28-12-2012, 03:34 AM
I think Alex Mcleish is on a mission to destroy every midlands club...joke manager, cant believe he gets work!
Tedious, negative football must get chairmen moist!

Ginger Tosser
28-12-2012, 11:17 AM
May I take this time to pass my condolences to Forest fans for the death of football at your great club.

parkinho
19-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Another win and another clean sheet for Burnley today. If we can get through the rest of the transfer window without selling Charlie Austin we might be dark horses for a playoff place.

Dyche Dyche baby!

Kieran76
19-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Dyche is a quality manager. Happy to see him doing so well at Burnley.

parkinho
20-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes he has really impressed me, the league table since his arrival puts us in 5th position and in that time have had the strongest defence. When you see that we were conceding 2 goals per game on average before he got the job it really does indicate how much of an impact he has had.

Do you think Wednesday will stay up? It's looking tight down there but I think Bristol City are already doomed and Peterborough will continue to struggle. Huddersfield seem to be in free-fall at the moment and I could well see them getting dragged into the relegation dogfight.

Team Andromeda
20-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Do you think Wednesday will stay up?

I think they have enough about them to stay up

parkinho
20-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Cardiff looking good for automatic promotion this year I think, can't see anyone catching you at the top.

Team Andromeda
20-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Not even we should blow it now, but until the job is done there's always that doubt

Kieran76
20-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Yes, I am starting to think we will be okay. Jones seems to have finally decided on his best 11 and our defence seems to have got its act together. Living on london has meant I haven't seen us a great deal this season but I will be off to Charlton next week.

EJG1980
22-01-2013, 08:38 PM
What an amazing achievement by Bradford City, a fourth tier team in a major Wembley final, amazing stuff! Massive well done.

Team Andromeda
02-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Have that Ken Bates and the rest of you Leeds scum - Best win all season given the scandalous tactics Leeds tried to against Cardiff fans today

Adrock
02-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Dyche is a quality manager. Happy to see him doing so well at Burnley.

I was doing some electrical work at the Watford training ground a while back, when he was still manager. I was working in the canteen up a pair of steps fixing a light fitting and some dude came across and asked if I needed any help. Turns out it was Dyche, I never realised at the time. Only noticed a picture of him a few weeks later when he got sacked, he was in the local paper.

Seemed like a thoroughly nice man.

nakamura
02-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Bournemouth up to third and looking good for a promotion now. Too much class in the squad. Be nice to get that stadium finished too.

parkinho
02-02-2013, 07:33 PM
I was doing some electrical work at the Watford training ground a while back, when he was still manager. I was working in the canteen up a pair of steps fixing a light fitting and some dude came across and asked if I needed any help. Turns out it was Dyche, I never realised at the time. Only noticed a picture of him a few weeks later when he got sacked, he was in the local paper.

Seemed like a thoroughly nice man.

Ginger Mourinho! Was bloody freezing at Peterborough today, we were poor in the second half but rescued a point late on. Was great standing on the terraces again, far better than having to sit on a ****ty plast seat that's for certain.

Kieran76
05-02-2013, 09:09 PM
McLeish at Forest. That went well didn't it.

Team Andromeda
05-02-2013, 09:15 PM
McLeish at Forest. That went well didn't it.

Is anyone shocked ? . Mcleish is rubbish and his negative brand of football is enough to put most people off the beautiful game

Kieran76
05-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I think the blame for this mess is entirely with the owners of Forest. Regardless of what you think of him as a manager, you cannot get a manager in, tell him he has 3 million to spend then not give him a single penny.

Team Andromeda
06-02-2013, 04:34 AM
I think the blame for this mess is entirely with the owners of Forest. Regardless of what you think of him as a manager, you cannot get a manager in, tell him he has 3 million to spend then not give him a single penny.

Very true, but also any team hoping to do well and gain promotion should never employ Mcleish in the 1st place

sj33
06-02-2013, 04:46 AM
The problems at Forest have worked out well for us at Bristol City because we now have O'Driscoll. 2 wins out of 3 ain't bad for City.

Kieran76
06-02-2013, 05:27 AM
Very true, but also any team hoping to do well and gain promotion should never employ Mcleish in the 1st place

I agree, wouldn't want McLeish anywhere near my club. I think Bristol City are at Forest this weekend. Wonder what reception O'Driscoll will get.

Kieran76
09-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Stupid Cardiff ruined my bet.

Team Andromeda
10-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Stupid Cardiff ruined my bet.

It could have been worse you could have watched the **** feast and the motorway being closed on the way home was the icing on the cake . Worst away trip I've ever been on :(

Team Andromeda
17-02-2013, 10:00 AM
So glad we beat the Bristol City and nice to see their fans haven't changed at all; They don't belong in the championship at all

Kieran76
17-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Cardiff are in my title winning accumulator, so if they keep winning I will be happy.

Kieran76
24-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Great win for The Wednesday, not lost since New Years Day, what is most pleasing that two od the players who are making all the difference seem to be Coke and Prutton who were out on loan earlier in the year. Good to see them taking their second chance.

EJG1980
19-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Blackburn sack another manager. Henning Berg lasted 57 days and 10 matches in the job while his replacement Michael Appleton was able to make it to 67 days and 15 matches before getting the boot.

parkinho
19-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Blackburn Rovers - the gift that keeps on giving. An absolute joke of a club.

Kit
19-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Hope they go down. Would be a shame to see Posh get relegated while battling away and Blackburn stay up.

Still not sure what went on with Kean. I know he took them down but when I checked the table (when he was in charge at the start of the season) Blackburn were in the playoff places.

Kieran76
19-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Be careful what you wish for is a lesson a lot of football fans could do with learning.

EJG1980
19-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Still not sure what went on with Kean. I know he took them down but when I checked the table (when he was in charge at the start of the season) Blackburn were in the playoff places.
They were 4th, one point behind top spot, after eight games played. Amazing that they kept him in charge for so long while he was doing terribly, yet the first sign of him putting together a decent bit of form and he's gone!

Middlesbrough did a similar thing when they went down. They were also 4th, also one point off top spot, thirteen games played, yet they gave Southgate the boot. Haven't been back up since.

Sometimes managers just need a bit of time. Spurs' second most successful manager ever (Keith Burkinshaw) got us relegated in his first season in charge, but the club stuck with him, we came back up and in a few years won a couple of FA Cups, a UEFA Cup, and were consistently in the top six. He would never have got the chance to turn a club around like that now.

Kit
20-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Thought he was doing alright before he got the boot. Didn't know that about Southgate. Don't understand getting rid of your manager when you're on the up. Was amazed when Newcastle did it a few season ago.

Regarding giving managers more time, it makes me feel I am being a bit harsh on Rodgers, but it's hard to watch your team struggle - I should know watching Posh! ;)

Read in the paper this morning Blackburn are after Rafa.

Just... :o

They know they are near the bottom of the championship, right?

madness.

sj33
21-03-2013, 12:59 AM
I think a lot of the investors think that winning a game of football is akin to doing your job at work - if you don't win the game, you're not doing your job. Which is obviously nonsense - there's only three possible outcomes in football - win, lose or draw. Losing games doesn't mean that somebody is doing a bad job because, more often than not, there has to be a winner. There are very fine margins between winning a game and losing. Investors shouldn't be putting their money into sport if they're expecting results to be so easily obtained.

Investors just don't see it that way though, they expect a reward for their investments. More and more investors are investing in clubs thinking that money will guarantee promotion, or a top four finish, or titles. They don't seem to realise that there are only a finite amount of qualification places, finite amount of top 4 spots, finite amount of titles to be won. Likewise at the bottom of the table - QPR, Reading, Wigan and Villa can all make a convincing case for deserving to stay in the Premier League, but the reality is that 3 teams HAVE to be relegated every season. To a large extent, teams in such a position have to rely on other results going their way, and that is something that money cannot buy.

I can't say that I'm a fan of Liverpool, but the way they have gone about the running of the club this season has been a credit to the game. A sensible long-term vision with sustainable investments in managers and players who they see as part of the larger project of growing the club rather than throwing money at a problem and expecting results. The fans seem to have understood this, and this is a credit to them. More clubs should be run this way.

parkinho
21-03-2013, 07:06 PM
If things couldn't get any funnier down at Deadwood, the chicken farmers have actually interviewed one of my brother's mates for the job after he wrote a piss-take application. I can't find the application letter at the moment but it was one of the funniest things I've ever read. Hope he gets the job!

elKSw5gaGDY

Kit
21-03-2013, 07:38 PM
haha xD

Is this for real? surprised the papers haven't picked up on this.

"I'm used to playing in front of big crowds"

parkinho
22-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Yeah it's for real, he's been on North West news:

zrlziEcHIOw

Love the pond life about a minute in, our friends down the road are a lovely bunch :)

Kieran76
30-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Great win for The Wednesday against the Dingles. Cardiff seem to be dong their best to get rid of the goodwill I have for them by continually losing against clubs near us in the relegation scrap.

Kit
01-04-2013, 08:34 PM
See Posh are down in the bottom 3 despite that win at Cardiff. Shame. They deserve to stay up. Posh have sod all budget compared to the rest of the Championship yet Peterborough is one of the biggest cities.

Neil Warnock 'Parts company' with Leeds United

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21998112 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21998112)

McClaren is in talks.

Good luck Leeds! :lol:

Team Andromeda
02-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Well like Rodney Marsh would say 'becareful what you wish for . They may have got rid of Steve Kean, but Blackburn were good awful yesterday and have been all over the shop since Kean left . Best I seen Cardiff play all year, brilliant day :)

vanpeebles
02-04-2013, 09:10 AM
McClaren is in talks.

Good luck Leeds! :lol:

I'm a big fan of McClaren, he did wonders at the boro. Won a cup and got to a european final, not many english managers can say that.

Team Andromeda
02-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm a big fan of McClaren, he did wonders at the boro. Won a cup and got to a european final, not many english managers can say that.

I remember that Euro run Boro had very well . Your fans were treated like **** on the away trips and the Italian scum got away blue murder (what they did to that family bus was a disgrace) and yet again UEFA did nothing . If any English had done the same, the UEFA racist tossers would have thrown the book at us

vanpeebles
02-04-2013, 09:56 AM
I remember it well because I went to a fair amount of the euro games including the Steaua game where they came back from the dead to win 4-2. Makes the hairs on my neck stand just thinking about it, amazing game with a superb atmosphere, easily the best game I've ever been too.

Kit
02-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Yes, I'll give him that, he had a great run at Boro, but they were spending big at the time.

Saying that, they spent big when Robson was there and went down. Think that must be the best team on paper ever to get relegated - alongside maybe West Ham.

Team Andromeda
02-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Saying that, they spent big when Robson was there and went down.

Yeah but Robson was utter **** . At least McClaren is a half decent manager

Kit
02-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Agreed. Good eye for talented players, just crap at pretty much everything else. Should become a scout.

vanpeebles
02-04-2013, 06:07 PM
That's harsh on Robson, he did the toughest job a manager can do which is move ground. Ground moves completely change the identity and style of a club.

Team Andromeda
02-04-2013, 06:19 PM
That's harsh on Robson, he did the toughest job a manager can do which is move ground. Ground moves completely change the identity and style of a club.

I don't agree with that Van

Plus Robson was **** at WBA and not much better anywhere else . Plus if his Team talks were as dull and boring as his interviews it's no wonder his Team lost to the will to fight

Kit
02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
His record as a manager isn't the best. Think he's taken 3 or 4 teams down.

vanpeebles
02-04-2013, 07:39 PM
At West Brom his was the only team to be bottom at Christmas and not get relegated.

Kit
02-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Posh battling away at the Riverside. Vital point if they can hang on. Puts them in a good position going into the game against Huddersfield. If they can win that then get a win against Wednesday they should stay up!

vanpeebles
02-04-2013, 08:41 PM
What a boring match, can't remember any of it :(

Kit
02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Think they can make the playoffs, Van? only 6 points behind

vanpeebles
02-04-2013, 08:59 PM
lol no! Playing awful.

Kit
03-04-2013, 04:49 PM
he he ;p

Not impossible. You're playing a few teams around and above you in the last few games so if they put some points on the board they'll be up there. I bet they'll finish 7th, though. :D

vanpeebles
03-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Not a chance, the current form is relegation standard. Hopefully it won't continue after summer otherwise there will be real trouble.

Team Andromeda
08-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Had a lovely day up Watford . Nice win tomorrow and it should be job done

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8539/8631534272_65ee91d8e5_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8540/8630425023_c2c4dd5fca_c.jpg

vanpeebles
08-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Nice blue skies there, good game? :)

Team Andromeda
08-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Nice blue skies there, good game? :)

Blue Skies and Football Manager :) . Great game for us lot, I doubt it was great for the neutral to watch . Watford is a lovely place (loads of pubs no trouble and close to the ground), its just a shame about the ground :(

Kit
13-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Posh out of the relegation zone.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42774000/jpg/_42774193_henman3.jpg

vanpeebles
13-04-2013, 07:30 PM
I can see boro heading into it. I can't see them winning again this season.

Kit
13-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Man, I did a double take when I checked mid table. 5 points between Posh and Boro. :o

Anyone could get dragged down there if they're not careful!

vanpeebles
13-04-2013, 08:24 PM
See I told you! All the bottom teams are actually playing with ok form too.

MarioMark
15-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Such a crazy league is the Championship. 14 points separates between promotion to the Premier League or relegation to League 1 with only 4 games to go.

MonkeyJuggleDX
16-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Big match tonight when Bolton come to Leicester. Big win for Dougie Freedman's boys would be nice so I can get lairy with my Leicester supporting friends.

Incredible to think that a couple of months ago we were languishing just above the dropzone and now occupy that last playoff spot. Freedman is obviously doing something right.

Just wish I could go to the game, but the other half is about ready to go into labour so can't be away from her for too long. 3 points and a healthy baby girl would do me nicely tonight.

Skanking Pebbles lot at the Reebok on Saturday would be the icing on the cake :ph34r:

vanpeebles
16-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Skanking Pebbles lot at the Reebok on Saturday would be the icing on the cake :ph34r: You could ice that cake now to be honest, I fear a skanking is just about guaranteed!

MonkeyJuggleDX
16-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Knowing my luck we'll get the skanking. For some reason, I just can't see us winning more than one of our final four games.

Leicester away
Boro home
Cardiff away
Blackpool home

Only one I can see us winning is Blackpool. Leicester will be tricky, as will Boro, both teams desperately looking for some end of season form. Hopefully Cardiff will have promotion clinched by the time we get them and take their foot off the gas, but I doubt it.

vanpeebles
16-04-2013, 10:43 AM
No chance, boro have got 8 points from the last 51 and only won twice since New Years. Proper relegation form.

Kit
16-04-2013, 06:12 PM
No chance, boro have got 8 points from the last 51 and only won twice since New Years. Proper relegation form.

That is shocking.

I don't think I've ever seen such a tight relegation battle. There's potentially 13 clubs fighting it out who could go down - safe to say Bristol are screwed or it would be 14.

MonkeyJuggleDX
16-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Skanked by ****ty city. Told you!

vanpeebles
16-04-2013, 09:01 PM
:mellow: Boro won!

sj33
17-04-2013, 09:44 AM
As a Bristol City supporter, I'm not the slightest bit bothered about our relegation, to be honest. It's no more than we deserve, we're nowhere near Championship quality.

Team Andromeda
18-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Happy Days are here again

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8104/8660349920_1cab564e77_c.jpg

vanpeebles
18-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Bet you can't wait for next season to start now. Bellasu did well.

sj33
18-04-2013, 09:01 AM
I relish the idea of a Welsh derby in the Premier League, to be honest. Swansea are that team that everybody loves to love (and with good reason), they seriously need a rival in the top flight. :)

Team Andromeda
18-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Bet you can't wait for next season to start now. Bellasu did well.

Yeah looking forward to it even though some teams will smash us to bits I'm just going to enjoy it all. ?350 for a Premiership season ticket is happy days and all thanks to Ridsdale:w00t:.

He does do some good :).

nakamura
18-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Yeah over the moon that Cardiff made it. Going to make for a great encounter next season.

EJG1980
18-04-2013, 10:18 AM
It's good to see them come up after so many near misses in play-offs and cup finals recently.

I always want teams to come up if they haven't been in the top flight for a while, makes a change from the same old faces always coming up and down. Looks like Hull are going to grab that second automatic spot so I'm hoping the Brighton will finish top six and win the play-offs.

?350 for a Premiership season ticket

:cry:

vanpeebles
18-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Haha I bet that wouldn't buy a pie and a pint at spuzz :)

EJG1980
18-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Ha, it's not quite that bad yet, but give it time! Our cheapest season ticket for next season is a mere ?765. If you look closely at the White Hart Lane crowd, you'll see most of the fans only have one arm and leg.

Geoff D
18-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Ha, it's not quite that bad yet, but give it time! Our cheapest season ticket for next season is a mere ?765. If you look closely at the White Hart Lane crowd, you'll see most of the fans only have one arm and leg.

Isn't there still a a massive waiting list for season tickets at WHL though? I guess if so they really can charge what they like.

Team Andromeda
18-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Haha I bet that wouldn't buy a pie and a pint at spuzz :)

Its all thanks to Peter Ridsdale and his 5 year price freeze for season tickets; Which while it was were done for dodgy reasons the Club has at least honoured it (even now) and so ?350 for Prem football is one of the best deals fans will ever get.

that second automatic spot so I'm hoping the Brighton will finish top six and win the play-offs.

Me too . Brighton have everything in place in terms of a Club ready to go up and their Stadium is Premier league standard already , unlike somewhere like Watford . I hope they make it, nice club and a lovely stadium (just a shame its in the middle of no-where)

Team Andromeda
18-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Yeah over the moon that Cardiff made it. Going to make for a great encounter next season.

The best part is the Stadium is almost smack back in the centre of Cardiff . Easy to get too with loads of Pubs, restaurants and shops for the fans and family . I think many will be impressed with their day at Cardiff

It's good to see them come up after so many near misses in play-offs and cup finals recently.

TA, The best part is we done in the right way too and earned it by right and now we call enjoy the rest of the season and the close of it .No more heart aches ;just looking forward to happy times ahead and going to grounds I've never been too before like Goodison .

EJG1980
18-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Isn't there still a a massive waiting list for season tickets at WHL though? I guess if so they really can charge what they like.
Yup, I've been on the waiting list since 2006 and I'm still only in 4,616th position. Moving up the list is pretty slow going! People rarely give up their season ticket as they know they'd be starting from the back of the list if they ever wanted to get it back. So, yeah, the club have no incentive to lower ticket prices at the moment because they pack out the stadium as it is.

We really need the new stadium, which we'll hopefully get some news on in the summer.

nakamura
18-04-2013, 12:54 PM
I went to Cardiff for the play off final between Bournemouth and Lincoln years ago, about 2003. It was a fantastic day and had a lovely time in the city. Good pubs and plenty of things kept us busy.

Team Andromeda
18-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Yup, I've been on the waiting list since 2006 and I'm still only in 4,616th position

Phil one of my mates, is a season ticket holder at Spurs, where he and 2 others share the ticket (and the cost of buying one) I like White hart lane tbh, even though its a old ground it's pretty modern inside and the noise for that place is electric;The only bad things is some of the locals don't like the Welsh (are Taff's as we were called) at all and it wasn't a case of banter, but real hatred.

It was a fantastic day and had a lovely time in the city.

Yeah its a great place to go for Football or Rugby has everything is in once place and all with-in walking distance of each other

EJG1980
18-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Phil one of my mates, is a season ticket holder at Spurs, where he and 2 others share the ticket (and the cost of buying one) I like White hart lane tbh, even though its a old ground it's pretty modern inside and the noise for that place is electric;The only bad things is some of the locals don't like the Welsh (are Taff's as we were called) at all and it wasn't a case of banter, but real hatred.
I wanna go to every match so sharing a season ticket isn't an option for me, unfortunately. Not having a season ticket isn't too bad anyway, at least I can have a bit of variety by sitting in a different stand each match.

Unfortunately no club is immune from having tossers for fans. A couple of times I've been to away matches and heard people shouting "F*** off back to London you cockney w*ankers!" and worse. The fun side of football...

(Although to be fair, the number of times stuff like that happens is tiny compared to the number of times nothing at all has happened, in my own experience at least. It's just depressing when it does happen and you get reminded that there are some right idiots out there!)

davesol
18-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Me too . Brighton have everything in place in terms of a Club ready to go up and their Stadium is Premier league standard already , unlike somewhere like Watford . I hope they make it, nice club and a lovely stadium (just a shame its in the middle of no-where)
The flip-side is that we (Watford) need to go up in order to redevelop the stadium - Until our crowds increase there is no financial reason to rebuild the East stand (the one on the left of your photo). It effectively leaves us with a ground that has 3 decent sides but one side (the whole length of the pitch) which is deemed unsafe and therefore can't be used.

It looks like we will end up in the play-offs now (6 points behind Hull) so hopefully we will find some form in the next few games as we currently only have 1 win in the last 7 games

Team Andromeda
18-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Unfortunately no club is immune from having tossers for fans. A few times I've been to away matches and heard people shouting "F*** off back to London you cockney w*ankers!" and worse. The fun side of football..

I know, but this wasn't football banter but pure hatred and worse still directed at one of the Wife's when asking for a drink at the bar. I don't mind banter, but this was far from that.

I wanna go to every match so sharing a season ticket isn't an option for me,

So does Phil , but that how he and his mates get around the cost of it 2 other mates of mine do much the same for Man Utd season tickets, where they share the cost and ticket. So ?350 for Prem football is just the bargain of the year :)

EJG1980
18-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Well I wouldn't class telling people to eff off and calling them w*nkers as "football banter" either, especially not when delivered by very aggressive, eyes bulging, frothing at the mouth men. There was certainly no light heartedness in their delivery, that's for sure.

Anyway, dragging this too much off topic.

Hopefully the play-off final is Watford vs Brighton, I'd be happy with whoever won that (Watford is only about five miles away from me). And good luck to Cardiff for next season, except when you come to WHL and when we visit Cardiff ;)

Team Andromeda
18-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Well I wouldn't class telling people to eff off and calling them w*nkers as "football banter" either, especially not when delivered by very aggressive, eyes bulging, frothing at the mouth men

Sadly quite a few football fans think any rival fans are fair game for horrible vile insults , it's the bad side of football that I wish would die out.

Hopefully the play-off final is Watford vs Brighton, I'd be happy with whoever won that (Watford is only about five miles away from me)

I love going to Watford (nice pubs and all close to the ground) But they're a bit of a nothing club (don't mean that as a insult) The ground is terrible and I doubt they'll ever spend much money or add anything to the Prem if they get there .
Always seem they're a Club where the owners love to milk the fans and line their pockets

I rather see Brighton go up

Kit
18-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Sadly quite a few football fans think any rival fans are fair game for horrible vile insults , it's the bad side of football that I wish would die out.

It's disgusting. I guy I know went to watch liverpool at anfield and ended up being kicked in the back of the chair by fellow 'liverpool fans' because he was from Warrington and didn't have a full scouse accent. It's 30 miles up the road ffs.

Twats like these need to be purged from existence.

EJG1980
18-04-2013, 06:15 PM

It's disgusting. I guy I know went to watch liverpool at anfield and ended up being kicked in the back of the chair by fellow 'liverpool fans' because he was from Warrington and didn't have a full scouse accent. It's 30 miles up the road ffs.

Twats like these need to be purged from existence.

100% agreed.

sj33
18-04-2013, 11:17 PM
There's bigotry in all walks of life unfortunately, and it's certainly not a problem exclusive to sport. I've been in a couple of pubs in Cardiff where the barperson has intentionally take a long time to serve me because I'm clearly from Bristol. But it would be criminal of me to pin the spitefulness of a couple of people on the population of Cardiff - I went to other bars and there was no such issue.

And no doubt people can encounter the reverse situation in Bristol. There's bigots wherever you go, unfortunately.

davesol
19-04-2013, 08:39 AM
I love going to Watford (nice pubs and all close to the ground) But they're a bit of a nothing club (don't mean that as a insult) The ground is terrible and I doubt they'll ever spend much money or add anything to the Prem if they get there .
Always seem they're a Club where the owners love to milk the fans and line their pockets
Despite being a Watford fan, I would have agreed with you to an extend before this season. This year however we have been taken over by owners who seem to have a genuine long-term interest in the club and Zola has generally got us playing some really good passing football (admittedly not much of it was on show in the game vs Cardiff!)

Team Andromeda
20-04-2013, 04:46 AM
I've been in a couple of pubs in Cardiff where the barperson has intentionally take a long time to serve me because I'm clearly from Bristol.

Don't worry, we Valley boys even get that in our Capital: Some in Cardiff think they're above most people sadly. The worst bit of blanent outright bigotry I've ever experienced, was in Weston Super Mare :(.

Twats like these need to be purged from existence

Yep .

This year however we have been taken over by owners who seem to have a genuine long-term interest in the club and Zola has generally got us playing some really good passing football

I hope so , though if the owners were really serious I think they would do more permanent signings rather that it being a test bed and 2nd team for the Italians ; which also kind of makes a mockery of the loans market (though we've also played that game tbf) . Watford fans for years have been taken for a ride.

Kieran76
20-04-2013, 08:07 AM
For purely selfish reasons I hope Watford don't go up. Vicarage Road is easy for me to get to when The Wednesday are playing in London. Which is another reason I am happy to see QPR and Reading doomed.

nakamura
20-04-2013, 05:52 PM
AFC Bournemouth all but up, happy days!

Kit
20-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Posh got their back doors smashed in. :(

This is less about skill at this point and more about luck. Somehow Wolves are now in the bottom three which shows how crazy tight it is down there.

Never seen a relegation battle this close before in my life. This is going right down to the wire.

nakamura
20-04-2013, 06:44 PM
You forgotten about the amazing last day of the PL in about 2005 when it was any 3 from 4?

Kit
20-04-2013, 07:05 PM
I think this one has it beat. Have a look at the bottom of the championship.

'15. Burnley - 55 points

23. (second from bottom) Barnsley - 51 points'

Crazy.

MonkeyJuggleDX
20-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Amazing how about half the division could go down!

Plough Boy
21-04-2013, 07:49 AM
You forgotten about the amazing last day of the PL in about 2005 when it was any 3 from 4?

Never.
I was in Dublin for the weekend with the wife and I got her to agree to go to the pub to watch our match.
I chose the Oliver St John Gogarty on Temple Bar. The fact that the pub was painted yellow and green would surely be the extra bit of luck I needed.
Norwich managed to lose 6-0 at Fulham on the day to grab that final relegation spot.
I've gone pale just thinking about the trauma of it all.

prinnysquad
21-04-2013, 10:27 AM
That was HILARIOUS. No amount of LOLs did it justice.

Kieran76
21-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Saw The Wednesday play Ipswich yesterday. Worst game of football I have seen in years.

Kit
27-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Posh taking on Wednesday this evening. Going to be a belter I think. So much on the line.

Kieran76
27-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Should be interesting, hope it is a decent match. We are usually rubbish when on tv.

Kieran76
27-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Well, so far so ****. I cannot imagine any non Wednesday or Posh will still be watching this match. Grim viewing indeed.

nakamura
27-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Bournemouth robbed of the League 1 championship in the most dramatic of fashion. Still worse for Brentford as they lost out on automatic promotion.

Kit
27-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Get in!!

Vital goal for Posh.

Kit
04-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Well, it all comes down to this. Beat Crystal Palace and Posh are safe. Draw or lose and they need Huddersfield to beat Barnsley!

Both win (not going to happen) and Wednesday could be dragged into the bottom 3.

Tis gonna be tense!

Kieran76
04-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Wednesday just need a point, think we will be okay. Full house at Hillsborough, couldn't get a ticket in time.

MarioMark
04-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Wednesday 'should' be safe now.

What a mental first half from a Forest perspective. 1-0 up against Leicester and all other results going our way. Then Leicester batter us to make it 1-2, Bolton score 2 goals in 2 mins against Blackpool and Palace score a peno.

As it stands at half time Palace and Leicester are in the play-offs. Looking at the Bolton game now it's at 2-2 I think Bolton will go on and win it as it's in their hands and are in the run of play.

I can't see Forest doing it now :(

Kit
04-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Half time.

As it stands Posh are going down. :(

Come on Huddersfield! only need one goal.

MarioMark
04-05-2013, 01:02 PM
yeah and Forest scored, it's 2-2 now. I'm watching the posh game online as I need posh to win lol. Do you want the link?

It might as well be kick off again now everyone is drawing

Kit
04-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Oh, that would be ace!

Huddersfield have answered my prayer. This is crazy!

Edit:

Get in!!!! xD xD

2-1 to Posh!!

MarioMark
04-05-2013, 01:16 PM
If Forest can get 1 more goal then you've done us a favour!

Kit
04-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Barnsley 2-1 up sending Huddersfield down as it stands.

Forest need a goal from somewhere.

MarioMark
04-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Kevin Phillips. Will he ever retire

Kit
04-05-2013, 01:55 PM
:/

Back to league one. :(

Don't know how Posh will recover from this.

So much positive stuff going on at the club for the last couple of seasons. This is going to be devastating.

Kieran76
04-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Bad luck mate, you have a decent squad, I am sure you will be back.

vanpeebles
04-05-2013, 09:40 PM
I reckon boro will be there next season!

Team Andromeda
05-05-2013, 08:11 AM
What a last day !. Well done to Hull and I hope Brighton or Crystal Palace make up via the playoff's . Going to be so nice to enjoy watching the playoff's this year without a care in the world !.

MonkeyJuggleDX
05-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Proper gutted. Missing out on the playoffs due to a last minute Leicester goal. ALWAYS goal difference that fecks us over. If we'd had Freedman from the start of the season, I reckon we'd have gone up automatically.

Worst part for me is being a Bolton fan in Leicester.

parkinho
12-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Unbelievable scenes at the end of the Watford - Leicester playoff game!

davesol
15-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Unbelievable scenes at the end of the Watford - Leicester playoff game!
One of the most incredible finishes i think i've ever seen at a watford game. have sorted my ticket for the final - can't wait.

vanpeebles
06-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Just got back from watching the boro get a whuppin off Accrington Stanley (who are they?!) Accrington had James Beattie as manager who as also dressed like a best man at a wedding. And for the fammy dodds amongst you they also had a certain Nicky Hunt. In this showing if boro run with this team all season they will be relegated. Very lightweight tippy tappy fitbaw and they have a soft under belly.

Plough Boy
07-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Accrington Stanley (who are they?!)

Exactly!

Adrock
28-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Anybody taken notice of the work Dyche is doing at Burnley?

I followed him at Watford, where he performed better than any manager for a while. He had a smaller budget than Mackay and managed to do better. Only lost his job because new owners wanted their own man in Zola.

Now at Burnley the ginger Mourinho is doing very good work with the squad and as far as I'm aware they sold their best player in the summer.

sj33
28-10-2013, 09:47 PM
I'd feel robbed tonight if I was a Watford supporter. Another case for more goal line technology.

davesol
30-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Anybody taken notice of the work Dyche is doing at Burnley?

I followed him at Watford, where he performed better than any manager for a while. He had a smaller budget than Mackay and managed to do better. Only lost his job because new owners wanted their own man in Zola.

Now at Burnley the ginger Mourinho is doing very good work with the squad and as far as I'm aware they sold their best player in the summer.Yeah he is doing a great job there and it was a shame that he had to leave Watford when he did. Not sure that they will keep the momentum up throughout x-mas / new year but would love to see them go up

I'd feel robbed tonight if I was a Watford supporter. Another case for more goal line technology.Frustrating! but thought a draw was probably fair overall. We had the disallowed goal and hit the post but Brighton created a number of good chances as well so not a bad result overall

davesol
16-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Zola has just resigned as manager of Watford. Feel really gutted about it - we were on an awful run (we have not won in 9 games including losing our last 5 home games) but would have liked to see him given an opportunity to sign a striker in January and turn things around. During the last year and a half we have played some of the most entertaining football I've seen in the 24 years I've been going to games even if the results have not matched the quality. Sad day for the club.

Kieran76
11-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Wow. Who would of predicted that? Wednesday 6-0 thrashing of Leeds scum.

Team Andromeda
13-01-2014, 11:28 AM
We all hate Leeds scum !

Kieran76
19-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Decent point yesterday away at Burnley. Not having a full time manager seems to be working out quite well for us.

sj33
08-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Why is there such a void of decent football in the Westcountry?!

Bristol Rovers relegated to the Conference for the first time since 1920, Bristol City slipping down the ladder never in danger of inspiring, Yeovil town relegated back to League One, Torquay also relegated to the Conference, Plymouth Argyle and Exeter constantly in danger of relegation. I think Bath City are in the Conference South now?

It's bizarre. It's not like Wales where there are more popular sports, football is by far the most popular sport despite the relative strength of the local rugby and cricket teams. The two Bristol teams are like a religion depending on which side of the city you're in. Yet despite that, it's so unrepresented.

The more sensible Bristol City fans lament the relegation of Rovers and what it means for the region in sporting terms.

davesol
08-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Why is there such a void of decent football in the Westcountry?!

Bristol Rovers relegated to the Conference for the first time since 1920, Bristol City slipping down the ladder never in danger of inspiring, Yeovil town relegated back to League One, Torquay also relegated to the Conference, Plymouth Argyle and Exeter constantly in danger of relegation. I think Bath City are in the Conference South now?

It's bizarre. It's not like Wales where there are more popular sports, football is by far the most popular sport despite the relative strength of the local rugby and cricket teams. The two Bristol teams are like a religion depending on which side of the city you're in. Yet despite that, it's so unrepresented.

The more sensible Bristol City fans lament the relegation of Rovers and what it means for the region in sporting terms.

It is strange as from what I can see, Bristol is the 10th largest city in England so it is definitely under-represented in terms of the achievements of it's football teams. According to Football365, City had the 4th-highest average attendance in League 1 (11929) and Rovers had the 3rd-highest in League 2 (6421) so presumably there are large numbers of additional people that would turn up if they were playing in higher divisions. Strange how no-one has come in to invest money in either of these clubs given the potentially large fan-base that exists.

sj33
08-05-2014, 03:29 PM
People in east Bristol would support Rovers if even if they dropped to the bottom of the pyramid and had to play in somebody's back yard - support is that strong. And west/centre Bristol would support City similarly. Support is definitely not an issue.

The problems of Bristol Rovers have gone on for decades. They famously used to play at the Eastville ground (which was also a dog running track) before being turfed out. It was right next to the gas works and smelt of gas, hence their nickname. They had to move to Twerton Park - Bath City's ground, in a completely different city! Shades of Coventry City there, and had to play there for about a decade before they managed to get Bristol rugby club to ground share. That's how much the club has lacked investment for the past couple of decades.

City aren't doing much better. Despite actually having their own ground of a decent capacity, there's a completely lack of inspiration, direction and sensible leadership. The club lacks any kind of identity, something that even Rovers can boast.

EJG1980
24-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Just watched the playoff final, what heartbreak for Derby, but you could almost see it coming with Derby dominating then ten men of QPR but not being able to make the breakthrough. I wanted Derby to come up, but on the plus side, I've got a bet on QPR and Atletico to both win today so I'm halfway to ?150!

Hoping that Leyton Orient come up in the League One playoff tomorrow. My Mum was from Leytonstone and supported them so I usually keep an eye out for their results.

VR46
12-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Be interesting to see how Lennon gets on at Bolton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29589068

Can't believe they are ?164M in debt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25559504

"A ?50m loss over the course of the year is massive, especially when you consider their turnover is something like ?28m. "

parkinho
12-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Small time outfit. I remember numerous people on here telling me otherwise when Coyle defected and went onto 'bigger and better things'. Funny how things work out ...

BaronSqwelch
25-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Birmingham getting stuffed 8 nil at home was today's highlight :D

EJG1980
07-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Just look at that league table:

http://i.imgur.com/k2PM6SZ.jpg

It'd be fantastic if it could stay that tight all the way until the final day. There are going to be some teams that have very good seasons and end up heartbroken. Personally hoping that Brentford and Bournemouth make it to the top flight. And......... Derby.

VR46
07-03-2015, 07:49 PM
It is one of the toughest leagues in the world to win - and not without reason, even if someone wins by a few points, second to six or seventh is always tight. To go down and bounce straight back up really does take some doing.

nakamura
07-03-2015, 08:18 PM
BOURNEMOUTH! !!

EJG1980
25-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Well done Watford, promoted today, great to see the magnificent Heurelho Gomes back in the Premier League! Bournemouth will join them if they can win on Monday against Bolton. Would like to have seen Brentford make it to the Premier League but they're going to need some last day heroics to sneak into the playoffs.

Edit: Congrats Bournemouth! Great to see a brand new team in the top flight. Party time for Nakamura :)

EJG1980
02-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Watching the final day of the Championship (Debry vs Reading the main match on Sky) and it's quite exciting so far. As results stands Bournemouth will be champions. Derby are losing so if Brentford can take the lead they'd move into a playoff position. Could be a topsy turvey afternoon!

Team Andromeda
02-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Its bloody mad , loving watching Jeff and the gang at the moment .

EJG1980
02-05-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm watching Derby vs Reading. Heartbreak for Derby two seasons running; the last minute playoff defeat last season and this season they were top on 1st March and falter so badly that they miss out on the playoffs on the last day. Although I am glad because it means Brentford are in the playoffs and I want them to come up :)

It looked like Watford were going to win the title but a last minute equaliser by Sheffield Wednesday means the title goes to Bournemouth! What a great way for them to finish off an amazing season.

Team Andromeda
02-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Well done tp Bournemouth always nice to see a team that plays the best football go up . Feel sorry for Derby and hope Middlesbrough go up through the play-offs for their fans and van :)

nakamura
02-05-2015, 05:18 PM
AFCB YEAH!

Amazing scenes. Down here I've never seen the community so excited. Best team to watch in the league got what they deserved.

Plough Boy
16-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Watching that play off semi 2nd leg aged me about 10 years.
fair play to Ipswich - thought they played well over the two legs but we had enough in the end.
Boro in the final. Oooof.
theyve beaten us home and away this year - hopefully we can reverse that at Wembley!

prinnysquad
16-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Fatty vs Chunk final!

Booo! Yuz dinna kna what it means!

Plough Boy
25-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Fatty vs Chunk final!

Booo! Yuz dinna kna what it means!

Seeing my team in person at Wembley was amazing!
Seeing them WIN at Wembley was even better!
So Fatty wins!
And it's back to the Premier we go!