Premier League 2012/13 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premier League 2012/13 general thread

New season, same old story for Liverpool. As I type they're 1-0 down, down to 10 men, and have just given away a second penalty.

Not happy.

Edit:

2-0

Last edited by Kit; 18-08-2012, 15:25.

Yep same as last season. Lots of possession but light under any pressure and defend is shaky. Bit of a disaster day.

Comment

Yes, they had something like 85% possession in the first half.

3-0 to West Brom now. :/

Good start for Steve Clarke at least.

Comment

Got to say, this season is potentially looking very scary for Liverpool.

Comment

3-0 final score. Very rough start for Liverpool. It's not like it gets any easier as they've got Man City, Arsenal, Sunderland and then United in their next four games.

Checking the other scores it looks like it'll be worth watching match of the day tonight. two 5-0 games!

Comment

Gerrard didn't work at all in his role in central midfield. The sending off was correct if it was a penalty, it was a soft push but Agger was stupid for pushing him in first place.

Suarez needs to stop being greedy and Johnson struggles to play any kind of short passing game, especially whilst situated on the left hand side of the defence.

All in all it was a bad day for the team and I think it cant get much worse, but with the run of openings games it could end up with the club being in the relegation places come the end of September. Thats not to say the club are in danger of being relegated, just that they are at the beginning of a long journey which hopefully the owners will patiently sit out. If it doesn't work after Rodgers time then so be it but you know full well some idiots will be calling for his head after a couple of weeks.

Comment

I think rodgers will do ok. Getting rid of Carroll and getting a striker capable of scoring more than ten in a season might help though. I see Liverpool finishing sixth or seventh.

Comment

As an Albion fan, I am very pleased this morning.

Comment

Suarez to his credit does seem to work his socks off, just needs to find the finishing touch. Liverpool certainly need a finisher though, Carroll is just not good enough.

While it was a bad result, it was just one of those games where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Suarez to his credit does seem to work his socks off, just needs to find the finishing touch. Liverpool certainly need a finisher though, Carroll is just not good enough.

While it was a bad result, it was just one of those games where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.
                    Not quite everything - wba missed a penalty and had at least one other dead cert chance missed. It could've easily been 5.

Comment

Southampton go 2-1 up against the champions after being 1-0 down! Fantastic stuff. Can they hold on for the last 22 mins?

Nope, 2-2. That didn't last long!
                      Last edited by EJG1980; 19-08-2012, 16:37.

Comment

Southampton giving a very good account of themselves. At 1-0 City missed a couple of great chances but let the pace and tempo of their passing game drop dramatically, not always easy to get it going again.

Ha just as I say that they equalise!

Comment

Ha, did I just hear Gary Neville say we talk DOWN our league too much??? Sky tell us the Premier League is the best in the world every ten minutes

Bah, 3-2 Man City.

Comment

Worried going into the City game. I can see it turning into a cricket score.

Comment

Much better performance than at the Albion. Defense still has issues though. Skrtel... What can you say.

Comment

Working...
                              X