PAL 360 in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL 360 in America

I will be moving to America next year and I was wondering whether it makes sense to take a pal 360 or buy one when I get there as they seem to be a lot more expensive in the US. Would I need a new power brick and are most games region free anyway? I would only have the 360 to play Gears and Halo really anyway so they are generally not locked right? No other nasty little surprises like live accounts etc?

Any pointers would be great or if anyone knows where I could pick up an NTSC 360 here? Thanks!

Probably best to just grab an NTSC one in America honestly.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I should maybe point out I have the Star Wars bundle and would like to use it. Any reason you say to get an NTSC one?

Comment

The convenience of buying US games and not having to worry about region locking, I guess.

Other than that, there's no real reason to.

Comment

And if you get a US Xbox you can play Raiden Fighters Aces (assuming you don't have a J box already).

Comment

And Raiden IV.

Comment

And Operation Darkness. And Alaskan Storm. And Otomedius.

Comment

And Culdcept.

Comment

Quite a few reasons then! You assumed correctly, I don't have a J XBox. Think I'll take over this console and try and pick an NTSC one up or even the next Xbox as NTSC.

Thanks for all your feedback, much appreciated! (Found a good link to region free games and the ones that aren't the PS3 will cover nicely for me )

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                    And Otomedius.
                    This does not help, Sketcz

Comment

Is it a bad game? I've got it on order from a friend, so can't say. The others I do own though. And as Fuse said, Culdscept.

And Sneak King. Had a friend pick it up for me, for a dollar, and it is hilarious.

Comment

There's a sizable range of interesting US exclusive stuff for sure. Others worth mentioning include some of the Civil War games, bunch of stuff from Cauldron and Zoids Assault. I'm quite interested in picking up Field & Glory and that Bear Grills game at some point too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                          Is it a bad game? I've got it on order from a friend, so can't say. The others I do own though. And as Fuse said, Culdscept.
                          Pretty bad. I don't know what they did with the second but I skipped it altogether after how painful the first was.

Comment

Working...
                          X