Importing a US Wii U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing a US Wii U

Anyone know a reliable site that's exporting US Wii Us to the UK? I usually use VGplus for games but they haven't put any hardware pages up yet.

Was going to say VG+, would imagine they'll start their preorders soon enough. I don't personally use them, but what about Tronix? NCSX may be worth a look too.

On a semi-related note, who remembers the NTSC-UK Import Madness US Wii debacle during the Wii launch? :/

Comment

I might need a Us one as I have a us wii, Tronix are always a bit tricky as joe Dosent normally know his allocation , so pre orders don't normally go up on the site, that's not to say he can't supply any but I find it quite hard gettin Us units now I take it amazon don't ship them to the uk do they.

Comment

For the Wii, I actually bought one from someone in the US via eBay, with Zelda and Excite Truck. Once I sold Zelda off (I had the Cube version), then it worked out extremely well price wise, even with the shipping. Barely paid any premium.

For the Wii U... not sure. I'll probably wait until after Xmas to be fair...
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I got my Wii on Ebay too at the US launch. Paid ?260 delivered for the system, a copy of Zelda and an extra remote. He marked it down too.

I'm not importing a Wii U at launch, but it's probably what I'd go with. Dedicated exporters like VG+ and Tronix tend to get absolutely swamped and it's a bit of a lottery.

Comment

I'll go VG+ as soon as they get the hardware (well, in fact any) page up.

Comment

Yep, mostly doing this because I have a US Wii and want to transfer content, take advantage of backwards compatibility. US hardware is cheaper too.

Guess I'll keep an eye on VG+

Comment

On a semi-related note, who remembers the NTSC-UK Import Madness US Wii debacle during the Wii launch? :/
                That was hilarious, what a bunch of amateurs. I had mine preordered with VG+, but when they realised their allocation was much smaller than they were expecting, I managed to get one from a US ex-pat who was moving to London.

I'll be skipping the launch and waiting for some killer games this time around, personally.

Comment

Well I think I may get a J one first...So if there's someone in Japan who wants to get me a MH3G pack, I send them an NA one and i'll pay the difference please step forward.

Comment

Can I use a UK power supply with a US machine?

Comment

Power supplies for the controller and system are multi voltage, despite what it says on bricks (used shaving adapters for both, no problem here)

Comment

Working...
                      X