NTSC-US Wii console import question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC-US Wii console import question.

Hey guys, just a question in regards to using a NTSC-US Wii over here, is a step down converter necessary? Or for example would a PAL UK Wii power adapter plug in and work into a US Wii? Many thanks.

A UK Wii power cable will work just fine on a US Wii over here.

Comment

I bought a UK power adaptor from Nintendo themselves for 20 quid for use with my US Wii, works fine.

Saying that, if you're considering buying a US machine, you may as well just softmod a UK machine.

Comment

Like Shakey said. And don't forget new wiis have lost GC playing ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
          Like Shakey said. And don't forget new wiis have lost GC playing ability.
          Really?

And yeah, letterbombing a UK machine to play imports would be the most sensible option.

Comment

Yeah new Wii's don't have any gamecube ports/slots at all, that's what made the Wii cool.

Comment

Wow. What happens if you put a GC disc in? "unrecognised" or something?

Comment

Probably just doesn't come up on Menu as a disc.
                Not sure as I only have the olde model, believe they removed all the hardware required for backwards compatibility on the Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Wow. What happens if you put a GC disc in? "unrecognised" or something?
                  I doubt it would even accept it and just throw it back out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                    I bought a UK power adaptor from Nintendo themselves for 20 quid for use with my US Wii, works fine.

Saying that, if you're considering buying a US machine, you may as well just softmod a UK machine.
                    I already have a "soft modded" Wii, however it is not perfect and not all NTSC games run on it, for example the US version of ikaruga.

Comment

Ah, in which case, see posts #2 and #3 Phone Nintendo customer support and they'll get one in the post to you for a reasonable sum.

Comment

Working...
                      X