Mutsu to Nohohon (Gamecube JPN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutsu to Nohohon (Gamecube JPN)

Has anyone played this game? It's looks kinda quirky which I like, but Google is telling me that not a single person has published a review of it. I can't even work out what genre it is. The most I've found is this page showing some screenshots:

There's a single score of 7/10 on that page, but without a written review that's pretty meaningless. Someone's appended a comment to the bottom which says that the graphics are bad and it's childish, but if I'd listen to people telling me not to play childish games I'd never have played Yoshi's Story, Kirby's Air Ride, Gotcha Force and Chibi-Robo. So, anyone know anything about the game? Worth it for a tenner?
    Last edited by danstan21; 03-11-2012, 09:32.

Just one rapid look at the screenshots tells me that importaku is going to be the man to give you info on this one.............

Comment

Lol it just so happens i do have this game. Its based on a range of nodding solar toys and water toys called water loopers if i remember correctly.

In the game you wander about exploring the enviroment, you come across stuff that you can feed to your water looper to make it evolve. Basically a virtual pet game, when exploring the enviroments you can only point at stuff and hope your water looper is interested enogh to go over and explore you have no direct control over it.

I like the unusual graphics and gameplay but your milage may vary, dont be expecting a AAA title lol. A tenner isnt too bad to pay for it but you might not find it as fun as i do.

Comment

Alright, thanks importaku An underwater point and click virtual pet sim... certainly can't say it's not original. Looks like the kinda quirkiness I might find fun. If I can get it cheap I'm pretty tempted.

Out of curiosity, could you give me a rough idea of how difficult the Japanese is? My reading ability is pretty limited so if it's text-heavy I might be put off, but then again if it's aimed at children I might be alright with it (I can just about get the gist of The Legendary Starfy on GBA).

Comment

Cant remember been that hard language barrier wise, pretty much mostly menus to remember.

Comment

Working...
          X