Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liverpool thread 2012

Old thread: http://www.bordersdown.net/showthrea...-Season-Thread

Just done reading the paper and Rodgers has been talking about making it into the top four again. Getting the feeling Liverpool are turning into the Newcastle of yesteryear.

Comment

Anyone see the Suarez goal against Mansfield? sure they'll be a lot of headlines tomorrow with him kissing his hand after the goal went in - very cheeky.

Nice to see Sturridge have an immediate impact on his debut. Great finish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Anyone see the Suarez goal against Mansfield? sure they'll be a lot of headlines tomorrow with him kissing his hand after the goal went in - very cheeky.
        Pretty much how he has celebrated ALL of his goals this season. His daughter's name is tattooed on his wrist.

The moral high-ground preaching from certain people in the media and fans outside of the club has been sickening. Clearly, the next week will be full of bull**** press about how Suarez alone has destroyed the magic of the FA Cup.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-01-2013, 20:13.

Comment

Yep, same old crap about Suarez again. To me he looked like he didn't celebrate as much as he usually does because he knew it was a handball and thought he would have been seen. Strange one, I think.

Comment

Any other player in his position would have done exactly the same thing, take the goal if the referee doesn't notice the handball. I don't think it was deliberate anyway, it wasn't exactly a Maradona style hand of God. The papers and Sky Sports News will probably milk it for a good few days though.

Comment

Wow, some sense being posted from a non Liverpool fan. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                Wow, some sense being posted from a non Liverpool fan
                Makes a change.

Comment

I haven't seen it but he always celebrates kissing his wrist.

Comment

Agree with everyone here, if it wasn't Suarez there wouldn't even be a conversation - any player in his position would have done exactly the same.

Comment

It is cheating and he is a cheat. However they FA and all of the governing bodies need to take retrospective action to stamp these things out.

Comment

I broadly agree that Suarez was just doing his job, assuming it really was accidental and he proceeded to take the shot anyway. It's the referee's job to spot things like that. It the handball was intentional then it's a different matter. I've not actually seen the incident as I was listening to the game on the radio, but we've criticised other players for intentional usage of a hand in the goalmouth (Henry?).

I think what gives this situation another dimension is that it was against a Conference team who feel they've been cheated out of the money they'd have earned from a replay. That's all speculation of course, there's no guarantee that Mansfield would still have gone on to score an equaliser. But I suspect people would feel less sympathy towards the other team if it was a team like Manchester United or Chelsea.

Comment

I defended Suarez after the world cup incident but he continually proves my defense was wrong. I do feel he has been better in recent times but somet hng like this will go against him.
                          Last edited by nakamura; 07-01-2013, 11:06.

Comment

Am I honestly missing something? The ball ricocheted back at him so quickly that I'm honestly hard pressed to see how the handball could've been anything other than unintentional. It's clearly ball-to-hand.

Also honestly wondering if there would be such nauseating hypocrisy and double standards going around had a Mansfield Town player scored the winner to knock Liverpool out of the Cup in such fashion?
                            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-01-2013, 10:05.

Comment

Would you defend it so much if it was Rooney?

It's not clearly ball to hand at all. It's not clearly anything but it looks bad to me. His reputation is going against him and he only has himself to blame.

Comment

Working...
                              X