Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deputy Sites

Hi,

Have any fellow forumites used so-called 'deputy' sites such as 'Noppin' for purchasing games from Japanese online retailers that don't ship internationally and if so, how would you rate them in terms of fees and reliability?

Thanks.

I've always known them as proxies as opposed to deputy sites, but that is not really the issue at hand

Just recently I've signed up for tenso.com who are so far doing a good job consolidating a bunch of things from Rakuten for me, but for Y!J I know there's a lot more competitive services out there. Davewellington over at Arcade Otaku has created this which does an excellent job comparing the top dogs.

Comment

Cheers for the info and links - much appreciated.

I've had a look at Tenso and decided to register with them also.

Comment

Heads up - I tried to consolidate 4 packages Tenso had held for me but 1 of them would not due to it being 'oversize'. I have now established a rule of thumb to work with personally though; when sending goods through them you can generally expect the total cost of EMS and fees to equal the value of the goods all over again.

Comment

Thanks - yeah, that's certainly a cause for concern - thankfully the item I have on pre-order isn't terribly expensive! I had a slightly hairy moment with them last week when I received two invoices for the same purchase. I promptly emailed them about and they removed it from my account and were profusely apologetic but still, as a first-time user it wasn't very encouraging.

Comment

Working...
          X