US PlayStation buying advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US PlayStation buying advice

Hi guys, I've been away from the forum for a while and could do with some advice.
    My PS3 died from YLOD the other day. It's an old fat one that plays PS2 games.
    I've been told that the YLOD can be fixed but it's only temporary, so I'm considering buying another PS3 from abroad. Are there any good importers that sell 500 gig machines for a decent price. Will you get charged at customs?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Strider View Post
    Hi guys, I've been away from the forum for a while and could do with some advice.
    My PS3 died from YLOD the other day. It's an old fat one that plays PS2 games.
    I've been told that the YLOD can be fixed but it's only temporary, so I'm considering buying another PS3 from abroad. Are there any good importers that sell 500 gig machines for a decent price. Will you get charged at customs?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Unless you are replacing it with a 60gb launch model that plays ntsc ps2 stuff, is there any point?

Region free after all.

Comment

Not it you have lots of region a blu-rays

Comment

Shipping will cost you ~40% on top again.

They have 160 GB slims in the BestBuy near me for $200 (210 with tax) but posting it would cost $90 or more.

Comment

If you want to play Persona Arena now you need to import...

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
            Not it you have lots of region a blu-rays

and a UK ps3 will surely be better value?

Comment

Working...
            X