Ketsui coming to the PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ketsui coming to the PS3

Good news for those of you who are into shooters but haven't bought an NTSC-J 360.

Release date is the 25th of July, regular edition will be 7140? whereas the LE (no details of contents) will be 10290?.

Before any predict the floodgates opening, this is being released by 5pb, not Cave themselves. The only other Cave title that's 5pb published is DodonpachiaiOuJou Black Label Extra, so do not expect the entire back catalogue to come following shortly after this.

Great stuff. Missed it on the 360, gonna grab it on the PS3.

Comment

Might pick this up, since there are hardly any PS3 shooters and I don't own a 360 any more. Played it in the arcade but it was too punishing to play standing up for long periods lol.

Comment

I'm lucky enough to own the 360 version but I'll definitely be picking this up as well.

If only to support & hope that more get ported across.

Neil

Comment

its a cracking game - but very, very hard though and starting to look abit dated now

Comment

will wait to see if it gets a uk date like under defeat

Comment

Gee wiz! Going by the 5pb ver of DDP DoJ it will be a disgusting port with stolen code.

Comment

Their Ketsui port on the 360 was pretty brilliant, in fairness.

Comment

I saw a pre-order notice for this on PA and thought it was an April Fool's. D'oh.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                    will wait to see if it gets a uk date like under defeat
                    You'll be waiting ****ing years.

Comment

RSG have been quite open about the Cave titles under-performing for them in quite dramatic style, I doubt very much they'll be interested in this - especially so given the Japanese release will be region-free in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        RSG have been quite open about the Cave titles under-performing for them in quite dramatic style
                        When did they do this? I was wondering why the last Futari game was never picked up! Ah well, another Cave game by the wayside then by region locking. Cave, you fools!

Comment

Could've sworn I heard it from somewhere else at the time, but can't remember where for the life of me, and my google-fu is only showing up this GAF post from a few weeks back, which says...

Spoke with Martin, GM of Rising Star games, which was so kind to reply to me after I contacted him about a possible release of Ketsui X360 or PS3. Well, while Deathsmiles was a strong performer for them, leading to more Cave releases, both DDPR and AK terribly underperformed and heart broken they won't bring over any more Cave games in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Could've sworn I heard it from somewhere else at the time, but can't remember where for the life of me, and my google-fu is only showing up this GAF post from a few weeks back, which says...
                            That's sad to hear about RSG

Would like to have seen the localise a few more for those without access to Jpn units.

Still if they never got the sales then it can't make financial sense to do it for others.

Neil

Comment

I imagine a major problem is that many Cave fans are both import savvy and dedicated enough to buy a J360 anyway.

Cheap iOS ports of many of the games can't help either.

Comment

Working...
                              X