Best US 3DS import shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best US 3DS import shop?

New Leaf just arrived from VG+ and it seems as if Nintendo are still pressing on with dual-language packaging for Canadian releases, which I personally find somewhat irritating. Amazon are charging a ?6 import fees deposit for their copies and P-A usually take around two weeks or more to deliver something with the cheaper shipping. Does anybody know of an alternative retailer that supplies "proper" US copies of 3DS games for a reasonable price?

Tronix, but can't recall if they are Canada- or US- based.

Comment

Tronix are NYC based so in my experience have 'proper' US versions.

Personally I don't care though. Vive le France!

Comment

Yeah, it's just personal preference on my behalf. I get quite irritated when there's a French subtitle under the main game logo, for example- the box art of the Ico/SotC collection was a bit spoilt by it IMO. Can't fault VG+ as they're Canadian but I thought that it wasn't a legal requirement over there any more. Suppose I was wrong.

I forgot about Tronix as I've never used them before. If not them, it'll have to be P-A and a longer wait. Thanks guys.

Comment

I've taken to using Play-Asia to guarantee American copies, but Tronix are an equally valid shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
            New Leaf just arrived from VG+ and it seems as if Nintendo are still pressing on with dual-language packaging for Canadian releases, which I personally find somewhat irritating. Amazon are charging a ?6 import fees deposit for their copies and P-A usually take around two weeks or more to deliver something with the cheaper shipping. Does anybody know of an alternative retailer that supplies "proper" US copies of 3DS games for a reasonable price?
            Did Nintendo revert back to English only for its American releases then? Only that Nintendo's own releases for the DS and Wii in the US were ALL dual language (or triple language), there was no English only packaging. Other publishers may have English only packaging, but to my knowledge, Nintendo published games have multiple packaging languages.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I really don't know. I recall reading something about it no longer being a legal requirement in Ontario years ago but I could easily be mistaken. All I know is that I've seen US copies of AC photographed online and they're completely in English packaging.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                I really don't know. I recall reading something about it no longer being a legal requirement in Ontario years ago but I could easily be mistaken. All I know is that I've seen US copies of AC photographed online and they're completely in English packaging.
                Does it have to be cart as you can just set your US 3DS to Alberta (iirc) and use your uk bank/credit card to buy from the US/CAN Eshop

Comment

Afraid so! I'll only ever buy digital if there's no physical alternative available. With that said, I've been an unofficial resident of Alberta for a while now.

Comment

Having had a look, does appear to be an American English-only packaging version of the game released, so proceed on...
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Shall be doing so. Might order from P-A after all. They didn't really seem to understand the question when I asked them but I'll (ironically) put that down to the language barrier and might take a gamble, as NCSX have comparatively high shipping.

Comment

Tronixweb.com?

P-A.com might be your best bet and they have those weekly/daily deals one should look out for. I always wondered about the dual-language thing but figured it was universal in the Americas. I guess not, then. Most of my imports come from VG+ although I have some games straight from the US. Never really paid attention - or cared. I do care if it's authentic Japanese vs. Asia release though.

Why so anal about it? French appalling?

Comment

Just personal preference, really. Same way that J0e was quite particular about his CERO spines and Japanese vs. Asian releases in the past, I suppose. Already made the switch to US 3DS to enjoy a better release schedule and more physical cart releases, so I'd like to keep things consistent for what I do have, artwork included. I'm a little bit of a collector at heart, although I am playing the things instead of keeping them sealed and locked away.

... plus my French is ashamedly awful, yes.

Comment

I can completely sympathise. I much prefer the uniform labelling of CERO-rated Japanese releases to Asian ones, and only have one PAL DS game (I will give an e-cookie to anyone who can guess what - there is a logical reason for it) after selling up the lot previously and re-buying to go straight NTSC-U/J across all of my DS and 3DS collections. Unfortunately I do have a few Canadian ones with French on the cover, but I've not got the drive to throw myself into replacing all of them just yet.

Comment

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland? Pang? I'm doing the same thing with my UK DS collection. Luckily most of that is going to be quite cheap to replace. Also replacing my PAL SNES and N64 collections, which will be harder but I'm taking it on a game-per-month basis. I'll get there eventually. Wish I'd started importing earlier in the 90s.

Comment

Working...
                              X