PS4, online and 'foreign' accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4, online and 'foreign' accounts

I recently switched to a Japanese PSN account on my Vita/PS3 and only now have I realised that because Ill need to pay for PS Plus to go online on PS4, it's going to be very expensive, very difficult and very frustrating to play online with my Japanese PSN account because of the difficulty of getting hold of Japanese PSN credit.

Advise me please people!

I would guess you could buy JP PSN-cards online through eBay, Play-Asia and various other importers? I have bought US PSN-cards on eBay, maybe at a $5 premium.

Comment

Japanese PS+ is lame anyway. You're better off playing under a UK account, and just buying stuff from the other stores when needed.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You only need one 5000 yen PSN card per year, don't you? It's not going to be all that troublesome.

You're in a similar position to me anyway, I enrolled in Japanese PSN because all my games history is on my Japanese account and I wanted my Vita stuff to be logged in the same place. However after one month I've decided to double dip and enroll in UK plus as well... the offer of Dragon's Dogma to be followed by Revengeance next month is too good to pass up, and still makes it value for money.

It means now I have UK Vita games being played that will not be seen on my Darwock profile though, and that makes me sad

Comment

J0E: I think you might be right.
          Darwock: Online passes, cross-buy, cross-play etc. only make it more complex and frustrating sadly.

And on top of this.. I prefer playing all my games in Japanese and not all games have the Japanese text available in versions that would be 'compatible' with my account (ie. online passes etc.)

Comment

It's way more simple than you think. With Japanese games, you register the online passes, and buy DLC under the JPN account, and you can still play fine using any other account. All my PS3 games were Japanese, but I only ever played PS3 under my UK account. I had full access to all DLC and online passes using it.

I wish I had of used my JPN account as my main though, as my Vita and PS3 trophies are separate due to Vita only holding one account.
            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 12-10-2013, 11:41.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
            X