Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn CD problem

Hello all,

I have just got my Saturn (ebay) but I can't fit a CD onto the drive? I know it sounds odd, but basically, when I put a CD in, I can't get the center of the disk below the small metal clips of the drive because it touches the surface surrounding the drive spindle thing. Its as if the drive was pushes down a bit but not the rest of the case.

Any ideas?

Please help, if not for me for Sega Rally and Panzer Dragoon that are waiting to be played

Thanks in advance.

-weresheep

Sounds like you been sold a lemon. I would contact the seller and demand a refund.

Comment

If you don't mind opening it up, you could have a look and see if the cd unit is properly seated.

Just unscrew all of the screws on the bottom of the case (philips cross head type) and pop the top casing off. The CD unit should be sitting secure with 4 metal rods going through some rubber grommet things (sorry can't really describe it well, hopefully you'll see the problem when you open it up).

Comment

Hey, thanks for the replys. In actual fact I have fixed it now. The CD drive was seated correctly, however the thing that you plug the CD onto (what do you call that) was pushed too far down the pin of the motor.

It was a bit tricky to remove the plasic casing around the laser and motor to get access to it but once I removed a few cables I got access to it. The only problem after I pulled the "thing" off was when I pushed it on again I kept pushing it too far down.

In the end, I turned to an old friend who has helped me with many a problem. Blu Tac!

I put some Blu Tac on the motors pin and then pushed back on the "thing" (what the hell is it called?). This time it went on without jerking and so allowed me to position it properly. I then applied some cellotape around the base of the "thing" to prevent it moving down further.

Long story short, my Saturn works fine now.

Still though, anyone less technical/geeky (I am an engineer, all be it software) would have had not much hope in fixing that. I don't see how that could have been a postal accident due to the Saturns lid, I can only conclude it was sold like that.

I don't care much as I have a working Saturn and thats what I wanted (even if it is held together with Blu Tac and sticky tape ). But not sure what I should do about ebay feedback.

Hmmm.

Anyway, thanks guys.

-weresheep

Comment

Good to hear it all works ok after your fix ;-)

I'd post bad feedback if they didn't mention this in the item listing.

Comment

Working...
          X