DS Imports :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS Imports :)

I'm thinking of collecting steadily for the DS. I play to buy the DSI XL. I've never gotten around to playing Okamiden which I often think about, so, its about time.

I Bought The Japanese Version of Super Princess Peach on Release and Ouenden.

Cmon Importaku, you're the man, I know you could list an entire library of DS Games!

What games should I be looking to purchase? I do enjoy RPG's. But, sadly, a Japanese language RPG is not something I would want to do now. Anything else, I'm game, quirky or otherwise...

My main handheld BITD for imports was my PSP and that has a fair few...
    I think its time to invest in a DS library

Still working through my ds backlog!

off the top of my head you may like

Dragon Quest IX
    golden sun
    the world ends with you

Comment

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Aaaand i found your thread hehe.

My goodness you have a lot of good games awaiting you if you haven't gotten into imports, good news most can still be found relatively easy but if you want new & mint the search becomes a lot harder. Some games have leaped in price others have stayed obscure & cheap, not sure what genres you particularly like but i'll just list everything i can think of.

Shounen kinninden tsumuji, made by EA but amazingly good a zelda style game but based ninjas. Everything about it just screams quality i really enjoyed this one, there is japanese but there are a load of walkthroughs on youtube for it if you get stuck.
          Did a thread on it here

Taiko no tatsujin DS
          Meccha taiko no tatsujin DS
          Taiko no tatsujin ds dororon yokai daikessen

All 3 versions are great music games lots of great songs.

Okaeri chibi robo happy richi oosouji, the second DS chibi robo game this one plays like the gamecube one, story follows on from gamecube game. Very fun & the house has a lot to explore & clean.

Nanashi no game & nanashi no game me, a couple of horror games that are both unusual & suprisingly scary. Revolves around a cursed ds game that if you play then you die after 7 days suprisingly comes from square-enix they managed to make 2 really good horrors before they went back to churning out ****. Hardcore gaming 101 has a great article on the games well worth reading as it will give you a huge idea about the games & how they play. J horror pushes all of my scare buttons, the atmosphere is creepy throughout.

Couple of trailers
          1st game the humming bit at the end of the trailer still makes my blood run cold.

2nd game

Keroro RPG, there are lots of RPGs on DS but this one is a lot of fun & a bit different. Uses the LIMBS system from the "tales of" series of games battling is pure enjoyment, based on keroro gunsou character been sucked into a games console. Pretty funny & constanly keeps breaking the 4th wall as they are aware how RPG game rules usually work. You use cosplay to get attacks & if you find the items you can even summon old Namco characters in as special attacks to fight for you. Heres a vid of some of the special attacks.

Thats a few to get you started with i'll list more later
          Last edited by importaku; 16-02-2014, 05:51.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
            I'm thinking of collecting steadily for the DS. I play to buy the DSI XL. I've never gotten around to playing Okamiden which I often think about, so, its about time.

I Bought The Japanese Version of Super Princess Peach on Release and Ouenden.

Cmon Importaku, you're the man, I know you could list an entire library of DS Games!

What games should I be looking to purchase? I do enjoy RPG's. But, sadly, a Japanese language RPG is not something I would want to do now. Anything else, I'm game, quirky or otherwise...

My main handheld BITD for imports was my PSP and that has a fair few...
            I think its time to invest in a DS library
            Feel free to check my sales thread as I currently have a shedload of stuff I want gone and will probably add more bits this week if I can find the time

My quirky recommendations would include Mugen no Fronier EXCEED, Super Robot Taisen W, and Tales of Hearts (anime version of course).

Comment

Time for some more additions....

Zombie daisuki, a game where you play as the zombies who wreak revenge on the ****s that turned them into zombies in the first place. Plays like a RTS style of game plus the zombies are adorable hehe.

Minna no conveni, one of my personal faves. Basically you run a japanese convinience store via lots of little minigames a bit like cooking mama, i love minigame complilations.

Kochikame, another really good one. Did a firstplay thread for that one.

Comment

Thank you all for input. This is exciting

Comment

A-ressha DS (aka A-train), Jet Impulse, any of the Nazotte oboeru Otona no Kanji Renshuu games, The Combini DS (for your more sales-based convenience store simulation).

Comment

Haven't played it myself but Bokura No Terebi Game Kentei looks ace; like a Namco version of NES Remix.
                    Last edited by Jay; 17-02-2014, 10:09.

Comment

Jump Superstars and Jump Ultimate Stars were superb Japanese-only games. I would recommend Ultimate Stars if you're going for one or the other, as I don't think Superstars offered anything that Ultimate Stars didn't, and one of the major mechanic changes to the game actually made it more import friendly.

Comment

Yup both Jump games are good fighters.

Utacchi is another good music game, plays a bit like pop 'n music.

Game center CX1 & 2, another couple of fantastic games. Play fake retro games & pass challenges to unlock the next game. On your way you can read fake games magazines that have cheat in them for the games that you'll play.

Bokura no terebi game kentei, a game that tests your gaming skill by setting you gaming exams. You play short segments of old Namco games it's a bit like warioware.

So many more to list, careful though as you are on a slippery slope, there are a lot of interesing Japanese only games out there. Once you get addicted you may end up like this LOOL

Thats an old pic, since then i have expanded quite a bit.

Comment

This thread owes me ?40 already.

Comment

Curious what have you just bought? lol

Comment

Utacchi & the Namco mini-game one. Utacchi I had forgotten about wanting since you posted about it first time, and well, I have a weakness for Bemani - especially so the odd ones.

The other just looks neat; already have the GCCX games but hadn't seen this one before.

Comment

Working...
                              X